Boys, favorite type of make-up on girls? Most disliked make-up on girls? Girls, what is your favorite and most disliked type of make-up on yourself?

For an example;
fave: red lips etc..
dislikes: eyeliner, blue eyeshadow etc..
Please include a link if you can :)
I had a discussion on this with my group of friends and I got curious of what most guys liked.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like make-up, but that's just me. For reference, in Colbie Caillat's "Try" video, I genuinely preferred her no make-up look at the end versus with make-up at the beginning. Again, that's just me though.

What Guys Said 13

• My least favourite is "natural look" make-up.

My most favourite is goth, followed by creative and artistic make-up that is expressive rather than a concealer of insecurities. (see what i did there? Pun-tastic)

eyemakeupdesign.com/.../

glambistro.com/.../Dark-purple-lipstick.jpg

• I know right? Normal is weird, and it is weird that normal is weird because it is supposed to be normal. It creeps me out. Like, you are normal? What is wrong with you? Lol, that is how I feel about it.

The very reason I like creative make-up is because it expresses their individuality, instead of the kind of make-up that is really just a mask to cover insecurities of who you really are. They are opposite sides of the spectrum, and to be honest, it is less about how the make-up looks, but what it says about the girl wearing it.

This video is kind of irrelevant but funny and maybe perhaps a tiny bit of truth? I don't know.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNYHn7JloE

• Yes, I guess that is how society works. I will definitely check out that video.
      I feel that personality should cover most of a person. It doesn't matter if the person "look normal" or average to say so.
      It depends how DIFFERENT they are with you :)

• I like this girl's eyes and lips. Something not excessive and looks great.
    www.xpressmag.com/.../...natural-lips-and-eyes.jpg

I dislike lipsticks that are like purple, green, blue, black... I only like pink, red, and the natural one.
    Also, anything that's excessive is a no-no.

• I like concealer because I don't notice it but it makes people look better

I'm neutral towards foundation because I honestly don't notice it at all

I'm also neutral towards bronzer and blush, although I think they're completely unnecessary and I'm neutral only because I don't really see anyone using those

I dislike eyeliner
    I hate lipstick
    I loathe eyeshadow and mascara

In the end, my favorite makeup is NO-MAKEUP

• I like it when she has the right amount of make up so that I don't even understand that she has it on her. I don't wanna be like: girl, there's a face in your make up
    blogs.coventry.ac.uk/.../02-fixing-your-face.jpg

• 1|1
    • You like the make-up that enhances one particular part? :)

• Yeah, a good eyeliner and shadow is what I tend to like. :P

• i prefer no make-up basically and i'm not lying as some girls might assume

• I can't say that I like any kind of make-up actually. I just think that it hides the real person. The more natural and relaxed the better in my opinion.

• I like cherry red lipstick and the eye stuff and powdered cheeks and all that. I dont like dark colors, it gives a moroase look.

A lot of guys say they're cool with women not wearing makeup... I'd never tell a woman that wants to look nice for you that you dont want her to make herself look nice. Figure that some things are best not to be tampered with.

here's a picture for a better idea. http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6905964_f260.jpg

• I'd prefer light make-up or no make-up at all. Dislike? Really strong make-up or lots of it.

• My favorite is when is done right

• A bit of make-up is fine. I think she's trying to look good for me. So, I'd be impressed.

But.. Too much make-up is a big no.

24.media.tumblr.com/...lsgzvww0ao1qf5w2zo1_500.jpg

Stuff like this is just so off-putting.

• i actually like eyeliner, if its done well. but not "smokey eyes"

• Black Eye make-up and red lipstick make the biggest impression. learn how to put it on properly though. Foundation or whatever makes the skin look nice. I dont like a lot of rouge.

What Girls Said 6