Is there a perm option that can make really straight hair look like this (link in the question)?

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...point%2Bspeady%2Bhair.jpg

This would be my perfect hair texture... Unfortunately, my hair is always just so straight.
O. o

Is there a possible perm that could make straight hair be like this for a longer period of time (haha permanently)?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't suggest a perm. I got one to do the opposite to my hair and it took me 3 years to grow out the damage. Perms look pod the first couple times you do them but the damage accumulates and starts to look awful.
    So I jut suggest putting your hair in braids after wetting it, then taking it out the next morning and spritzing with hair spray

• But my hair is so heavy (even though it's not that thick) and healthy (shiny, slippery) that anything I do to it stays like that for maximum of 5 minutes...

• Trust me though, it's better than growing your hair out for three years. Because there's really nothing you can do to make damaged hair look good.

• I didn't know it was that damaging! O. o
      Thank you for your opinion. =)

What Guys Said 1

• Well, i think they call that in the picture a body wave
    when you get your hair done ask for just a body wave

What Girls Said 8

• I know the feeling. :/
    Anyway, don't get a perm otherwise you will end up damaging your hair. Get hair curlers or braid your hair after shower and after 1-2 hours or so take it out.

• probably not. thats not very curly at all. just do the spiral cloth method after washing your hair. super easy!

• No dont get a perm it ruins your hair get curlers

• Well for me perms relaxes my hair and straightens it but the best way is maybe a curling iron? I don't know about permanently though

• Yea it's called a digital perm, either way is damaging in my opinon. If you put heat in your hair all the time then it will ruin it, you can risk ruining your hair with a perm because of the chemicals but at least with a perm you don't have to maintain the waves with heat so much because it will already be wavy.

• I don't know of a perm option but I do know that if you braid your hair in loose, fat braids when you go to sleep and take them out when you wake up then it looks like that.

• If you put a flexible hairspray on the braids, it helps them to keep the curls.

• Not for me... O. o
      :(

• I have curly hair and I had a relaxer done, it ruined my hair. It would be better to just curl your hair like that using heat protector. Or just make sure you know exactly what you're doing when you take care of your hair

• def but not permanently you might have to get it done every six months