Party/clubbing look: What's hotter?

Would you prefer heavier make-up, like a dark smokey eye/seductive kind of look, or still lighter/more natural?

Most Helpful Girl

• ok everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets get realistic here. you're going to a club. you're not going to find your prince charming who's looking for his natural beauty princess. when a guy says natural, he has this image of this stunning girl in his head who doesn't need make up. lucky girl, I want to know who she is because I haven't met her yet. when I go to a club, it's dark, smokey and people are pretty wasted so I really doubt a guy's going to be thinking "oo that girls got waaay too much eyeliner on". you're going there to have a good time. I personally love makeup, because I love dressing up, I'm a qualified makeup artist so I may be a bit biased. put as much makeup as you want on as long as it's not dripping down you face when you're walking out because the streets lights ain't flattering! I have never met a guy in a club who has given two sh*ts about my lipgloss sweety, and if there are guys out there who do then they're just as shallow as the guys who like girls to be all made up. I don't see the point of natural make up in a club if you're into makeup. you won't see your face trust me. the important thing here is what are you going to be most comfortable with? if you're not used to the heavier make up, forget it, whether guys dig it or not. the last thing on your mind should be whether some guy's into your make up while you're out having a good time. dress and put on what you feel comfortable because ultimately that'swhat's going to determine how confident and attractive you appear!

• Hehe so true about -I want to know who she is because I haven't met her yet.

What Guys Said 6

• No disrespect to all the guys here who say natural, but I think what they mean is not overdone and slutty looking. In other words, quality, classy look, that makes you LOOK natural, even though that sort of "natural" look is actually one of the hardest to obtain and still takes a lot of work. You want to look like you have hardly got any makeup on, that is the art of makeup I guess. That said, I like smokey eyes for the night time, but light and sparkly can be fun too, just depends on the venue really.

• Lighter and more natural all the way , I see to many girls using too much cosmetics , and they look like a pile of junk for two reasons

1) They overdo it

2) They hide their true beauty

If you want to dress for a party , use light make-up (a little bit on the eyes but no more) , look for your hygiene , dress a bit tighter (don't overdo it) or some wider clothes depending on your style and some fresh colors (orange , yellow , blue , red , green , pink and other brighter colors are much better then simple brownish black outfits , but don't overdo it)

This is all a matter of opinion and likes and dislikes.

Anyway here's a final piece of advice from guy to girl: don't overdo anything , it just ends up being horrible.

• natural because I would want to see your actual face =)

• natural

• natural

• i would say smokey eye effect with natural

i just like eye shadow and nice colored eyes and not too much blush or foundation

What Girls Said 8

• Dress for yourself. I think a lot of girls like the fact that when you go clubbing you can wear clothes and makeup you wouldn't during the day or in other situations.

Oh, and Parisa captured the reality about this too. I personally wear about the same level of makeup in a club as I do outside of a club, but that is just me. I don't think I look great with a bunch of eye makeup.

I love it when guys say they like the natural look. I wear foundation, powder, lipgloss, brow pencil, mascara, eyeshadow and blush and guys and girls compliment me on being "natural". Looking natural actually is a lot of work, lol.

• A lot of guys I know have strong preferences for either lots of make-up or very little. It doesn't even matter what it looks like on--they have prejudices about girls who prefer one or the other (just like some girls like muscle-bound guys and some like nerdy-looking guys)! You can't win. Do what you are in the mood for. Or if you want an honest opinion about what looks best, ask your girl-friends.

• I think smokey eyes are a good look but keep the lips relatively bare with just a bit of lipgloss. Make sure that your foundation is the right shade so you don't get that awful orange/white line on your neck. If you do wear bronzer don't overdo it. I would also use an eyelash curler to lengthen the lashes and mascara and eyeliner to finish the look off.

If you want to keep it more natural, I would stick with browns and blues on your eyes (depending on your eye colour but brown shades tend to suit most people). Ideally, use makeup to cover any flaws, don't cake yourself with makeup. If you have good skin, then you might be able to get away with just concealer. Be careful not to put too much fake tan on-the orange look is not great.

I would agree with Parissa too-most guys don't know the effort girls put in to look good and think its just natural. so I think her answer is the best!

• Heavier makeup. You're going clubbing so you can do a more seductive look. Natural look is for everyday, don't be boring when you're going out. Not that there's anything wrong with a light look for clubbing if that's your thing, I just prefer to jazz it up when I go out since I don't do it during the day.

• I think what ever makes you feel good about yourself. What will bring your confidence out. When you feel good about yourself people seem to be drawn to that.

• i'd probably say natural, because at the end of the night you're going to be wasted and heavy make up soon translates to slutty as you'll be stammering around. also, it might smudge and you won't know it because you'll be drunk.

• To me I think something heavier for the night..you don't wanna look dim yet not too much just add more eyeliner to the eyes that's all!

• for clubbing, definitely the darker makeup. it fits the mood