Are there any emos left? Or has the subculture died out?

If there are where do they go on the weekends?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is a middle/high school fad. There are very few even in a school. I was emo my 9th grade year. Grown out of it in less than a year. I think it will die out eventually. I actually hope so :P I think a lot of emos go to concerts and stuff like that. I am sure they go to malls, restaurants, and grocery markets as well.

• Ty, thing is I live in Tallahassee and haven't seen one emo where I look.

• I think you would find them in smaller towns. I used to live in the desert and there were a handful of emos that went to my school. When I moved to the beach, it was less than 1% in my school.

What Girls Said 5

• Oh, God, I remember when I was an emo, in middle school. It was like everybody wanted to be a part of this thing. I don't think there are too many left, anyway.

• No there are a lot of Emos lol. I think it's more of just a style now.

• I'm here...

• Depends what you mean by emo. Emo like the kids that dress in all black, dye their hair, pierce their lips and listen to screaming music = I don't see much of those anymore but I'm in college. Emo like people who listen to "emo" music like Snowing, Brand New, Dashboard Confetional etc. = those still exist and aren't so annoying.

• They are still here.

What Guys Said 3

• sure why not? a subculture never dies... it just "fades away"

• I used to be back in middle school and part of high school. Grew out of it but I still like the music.

• There are still emos but worse is the spin off "scene kids" O>O In art that I draw, enjoy and the music I listen to I would probably be considered emo haha but I like to think I dress and act quite normal. Whatever normal means...