Tattoo's or not to have tattoos? GUYS?

I want this tattoo on my thigh and guys have told me thigh tattoos are really hot but I'm not sure haha. You know when you see those flawless models with no tattoos and they look gorgeous. But I'm not sure if I should get this thigh tattoo.. Also do guys really find thigh tattoos or just tattoos in general attractive? Just curious

Also I would design it myself as I study art. So it'd be pretty original.
BYYYY THE WAYYYY!!! I'm thinking about this now as I'm not getting it until about 2 or 3 years time. Might change my mind.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care as long as they're not across your knuckles or on your neck or something.

What Guys Said 10

• I have a tattoo and my personal suggestions are to realize that if you do decide to remove it, it's really expensive and not always 100%.

So if you are really set on getting something just make it as bland and plain as possible, Go with black ink only if you can help it, and never do the "significant other's name" thing.

• Good one. Tattoos with bright colors age much less "elegantly" than ones with bland colors.

• @takada Thanks. I only hope the "pico laser" becomes more common and that they keep updating the technology for laser removals.

• It's your body do whatever the hell you want with it. I have a tattoo but personally idc what other people think of it. I like it and that's all that matters.

I also sometimes find women with tattoos more sexy than others, it's like artwork.

What tattoo do you want?

• Yes! Totally agree. Tattoo's are more art for me. I want something like this: 36.media.tumblr.com/.../...rgJo341s5zauoo1_500.jpg But I'd change it

• haha she's badass

• I always love people who are against tattoos and say "but when you get old they'll look bad!" I'm just like "How many sexy 60+ year olds do you know?"

• Depends on what you want to do with your life... If an executive at a Fortune 500, a socialite, a bev hills house wife, no tats... If motorcycle repair shop cashier, bartender, or bartenders wife, yes to tats.

• Good job I don't want a single one of those jobs all together.

• It's totally up to you.
    Don't worry about what guys like and the such As you can never please everyone.
    Just be yourself and do what makes you happy.

I designed all the ones I have and have no regrets.
    but have met peeps who have gone to the best tattooists in the world, have beautiful pieces... yet hate them daily.

My only advice is think... hard

• I hope you change your mind and don't get the tattoo. They don't help anyone look better. Take your creativity for art and apply it to something that doesn't deface your body.

• Life's too short, you only live once etc. Why would I not want to do something creative to avoid defacing my body. It's not like I'm getting covered

• Exactly! There's no good reason you can't use your artistic impulses in another way that doesn't deface your body.

• I can do both

• depends on the tattooo... ;-)

• why is just every underage girl so desparate to get their bodies blemished so early on? i don´t get it.

• I'm not desperate, just curious.

• Gosh, my generation seem so much more relaxed. Chill guys, a tattoo isn't everything

• Tats are not hot. I appreciate the art of them, but they aren't attractive and most of them are uninspired. They aren't instant deal breakers, but the more/bigger/visible you have the less attractive it is.

• I find tattoos hot, as long as it doesn't make the girl look butch.

• How can I avoid looking butch?

• For me its non girly tattoos on the neck and head that make a girl look butch

• no wayyy would i do that

• Tattoos are lame in my opinion.

What Girls Said 6

• If you want a tattoo, get it. But if you want a tattoo only to look attractive, then don't get it. Honestly, you won't always care about looking attractive and then you'll have to live with that tattoo. If you're not sure whether you want it, then don't get it.

• Thanks! No I'm not only getting it to look attractive. Even if it was, it would be to make ME feel more attractive.

• Of course, I'm thinking about this now as I'm not getting it until about 2 or 3 years time. Might change my mind.

• Alright, looks like you know what you're doing.

• Little side note tattoos are permanent and well your legs won't stay like that forever so its really up to you. Also get a tattoo because you want and it has meaning to you. I have a feather that turns into swallows (it mean to me that I want to fly away, plus they were my great grandmother favorite birds)

• It's up to you.
    I have 2 of the 3 tattoos I'll have. I have them because is a family tradition. I got the first at 17, the second at 21, and will get the third at 33.

• I think it should be special and meaningful for you. Dont imitate anyone. For example, I have a tattoo on my collar bone

• Hell yes tattoo! Lol I have designed all mine and im getting mine in a year or two. Guys Deffinatly love them espically where you're getting them and it's a added bonus If it's supposed to be sexy.

• get a fucking tattoo because you like, not because you think other guys think its hot. you're 16 years old, wait a bit before you decide on getting a tattoo just because you think guys find them attractive. get a tattoo bc you like tattoos, and the tattoo has meaning to you... god damn.

• I'm definitely not getting it now, obviously. I'm just starting to think about it now so by the time I'm legal to get it I'll know and have understanding whether I want it or not. Then the tattoo will have meaning to me - art. Also, this way I am being way more sensible than the people that turn 18 and get whatever the fuck they want just because they can.