Do Girls in America wear very different fashion from that of Japanese/Korean girls?

Whenever a foreign student comes to America, you can kind of tell immediately that she's foreign. For example, i can't pin point it but the Japanese girls wear these cute dresses and stuff. They even seem to wear more Skirt+STockings type of outfit.. I never see any typical American girl in that kind of out fit unless she's going to some special party.
But the Japanese wear it just to go out to the store or to school.

So why does this happen? Is it that Women in different countries get different influences on what to wear? Or is it the whole feminism thing where American women don't want to wear cute dresses and clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

• well ya culture is different. And that has little to do with feminism, what is it with guys always blaming everything on feminism? Fashion has always varied by culture and time. Always. What's so hard to grasp about that?

This whole dolly school girl, innocence thing is huge in japan and korea at the moment so some girls look like a Halloween costume everyday but I've been to korea and plenty dress normal by American standards too

What Girls Said 4

• In Japan, it's more fashionable to have really white skin and most women are too thin. Also, some people follow alternative styles. The most famous is lolita, where they dress like victorian girls or like dolls. Also, some dress to look like manga characters

• If you haven't noticed by now, for the last 7 or so years Korean fashion has flooded the American market. It's really popular here.

• I don't know I hear that Asian fashion is 5-7 years ahead of American

• Nope obviously in different countries they have different trends

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, it's the whole I-wamt-to-look-like-Bill-Gates thing. Once I went with US women shopping in Latin AMerica, they couldn't find anything because it was all too feminine for them.

When you're trying to look like Don Trump, you aren't going to be stylish.

• they sure do. its just different cultures and traditions.