Favorite genre of music and favorite artist?

I'm big into classic jazz. Some of my favorite artists are Benjamin Herman, Stan Getz, Jaki Byard, Yardbird, Biptiste Herbin...

my favorite groups are probably, the New Cool Collective, Chef'Special even Parliament.

How about you? What genre of music do you tend to listen to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Classical, Baroque in particular. I also like jazz very much.

• Baroque is fantastic. Händel is one of my favorites.

• I like his style, sounds more uplifting, and the melodies are better weaved into the song, but they always resurface In his Alla Hornpipe endings.

Semele, fireworks and water music are very fun to get into. It's just really light, beautiful music, and if I'm not mistaken he was the first to use the hunting horn as an instrument which later became the french horn In concert settings?

• That's interesting.

I like Handel, the man (and I like his music). He was more self made than other composers of his day. He traveled widely. And he was the first rock star. He died quite wealthy and well known pretty much all over Europe .

I once told my friend if Bach and Handel were alive today, Bach would probably live in the OC, have a nice two story home, drive a Mercedes (Anna would drive a Mercedes SUV and she'd be a soccer mom), have a decent (low) six figure income. Handel would live in Beverly Hills. He'd have his Rolls and a driver, and he'd own his own jet. He'd be known in Hollywood. He'd be friends with Obama.

What Girls Said 4

• I have a very wide range of music genres I like, from Soul, Indie, alternative, passing through some techno, deep, minimal, alternative, progressive and when I workout I sneak some dubstep & house, rap, r&b and a hint of retro pop rock... all the way to classical: A vant - Gard , baroque , minimal, reinassance and high classical.

And my fave is Lana del Rey, I like Nicolas Jaar, the xxs, empire of the sun and foster the people

• I don't have a favortive arist bc there are too many to chose from but I listen to old 80s pop and alternative with a bit of pop and rap

• really? you like 80s music? who are your favorite artists?

• @Klaatu51 oh my gosh you just named my favorite songs by her but I also like the goonies r good enough. and yes Madonna over shadowed her a lot. But I Actully like cyndi lauper more than Madonna Actully.

• Wow that was a lot of actuallys

• conor obearst!

I like every genre except gangster or bling rap.

• Classic, and it would be Romantic cause I love Chopin. LVB is great, but his works are always full of mix emotions, sometimes I find that hard to follow, lol.

What Guys Said 6

• I am into some light dubstep or classic rock.

For a blend of our styles, look up "You Wish" by Nightmares On Wax, and' Isis Magic Carpet Ride Lee Curtiss Remix'. Both are nice for some smooth beats.

Mostly though, I listen to Savant. Look up "Laser Sharks" for a good laugh.

• i prefer music from the 80s mostly especially new wave, synth-pop and post-punk... and generic pop-rock from that era as well was nice.

• I like a large variety of music styles. I think I'm gonna go with Trance as my favorite. There are different types of Trance but I like pretty much all. Can't select a favorite artist. I love too many of them.

• Jazz, Frank Sinatra.

• Heavy rock/metal. I won't say my favorite bands are the heaviest metal ones (among amarth, grave worm, kataklysm) but I would say my favorites are demon hunter, disturbed, asking Alexandria, megadeth and so forth.

• Classic rock. My favorite band is Led Zeppelin.