How to dress if you have a large butt?

I'm in shape and do a lot of squats and workouts so my butt is on the bigger side, on top of that I have lumbar lordosis meaning my spine curves out at the bottom making my butt come out even more.

Anyway I don't like pants because I don't find them very comfortable so I opt for skirts (circle skirts usually) but because of my butt the skirts rise up a little too high in the back and make me feel slutty. I've thought about switching to body con skirts but i feel like i'll have the same issue, so what can i wear that looks appropriate?

*curves inward

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, fitted skirts are worse; they ride up higher. :x

I feel chiffon pleated skirts are better, since they've got more room for width/volume. You could also go for maxi skirts if you like those, or maybe high-low skirts that aren't over the top like this: 1.bp.blogspot.com/.../32.jpg
    Then again, you could also just wear tights underneath any skirts.

What Guys Said 3

• Should wear yoga pants :P

• as much as i'd love to, i'm a self respecting human being as well as a fashion design major. I'd be shot for wearing yoga pants as actual clothes haha

• the way you describe your butt is way sexy and something to be proud off

• I am proud, I just don't want to look like i'm wearing tiny skirts because of it

• You wear whatever you want, who cares what you wear!

• I do. I'm a somewhat modest dresser, I love skirts but I don't like feeling like I might flash someone by accident or that my skirt is just below my ass. I want to be able to wear skirts and feel 100% comfortable

• That's just the risk you'll take, when you wear them

What Girls Said 4

• I have the same problem. I usually like how I look in skirts right above/right at the knee. They're very flattering without being too short. I agree with you, too, when you have a large booty, it's really, really uncomfortable wearing pants. I usually prefer skirts and dresses myself. I also don't mind thicker jeggings, since they're basically like jeans, except a little stretchier, so it's more form fitting. Another thing you can try are those "high/low" skirts, where it's longer in the back, shorter in the front. I really like those on me, because I don't have to worry as much about my skirt going up. xD

• are you ashamed of your butt or something? because it sounds like you have a bubble butt which would make you the envy of a lot of girls. I would wear leggings, tight pants, body con skirts/dresses. show off your butt! its not slutty you just have a naturally nice body type. slutty would be if you walked around in booty shorts with your buttcheeks out

• It's not that i'm ashamed of it (i would like it to be a little smaller but i still love it) but I feel uncomfortable always checking to see if my skirt is too short in the back or thinking that my skirt is barely covering my butt.

• I agree with others, you can wear leggings or tights under skirts to minimize flashing, sweater dresses are also cute pair with tall boots and a belt.

• when you've got it, flaunt it!