Why don't feminists wear maxi dresses?

WE did a survey in our pub, and none of the women who identify as feminists ever seem to wear maxi dresses.

Why is this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Feminism started with noble intentions, but today it is just an aberration.

I suppose that explains why those women didn't wear maxi dresses. They probably wanted men to check them out, only to go ballistic on those men for supposedly 'violating' female rights or whatever.

• Oh, they don't get male approaches so much with maxi dresses, yes, could be that, so they can't then get upset with them

• I doubt you qualify as a feminist in modern parlance.

• i just adore the fact that you don't know me or how my mind works but still make a judgment ahhh society

What Girls Said 12

• Why don't feminists wear maxi dresses?
    Probably because outside boho the maxi dress isn't seen as fashionable.

• Fembots aren't known for stye awareness, so I don't thnk that's it.

• When someone says they wouldn't come to the aid of a heterosexual male (how you'd kow the orientation, you don't explain) because most guys say girls rape reports are fake...

I tend to think I'm dealing with the reincarnation of Eva Braun, a Nazi-ette, yes.

• outside boho the maxi dress isn't seen as fashionable isn't a feminazi bias. That's the fashion industry.

Most gals seemingly wanting to be fashionable isn't a feminazi bias. That's human nature and conformity.

What you posted bears no relevance here.

• Yeah, your little pub survey is like 100% trustworthy and accurate. Lol.

• it

jIt's very ' very scientific. Two Irish guys, an Iranian guy, a Swedish woman who weas maxi dresses, ande a black guy. How much more scientific can you get?

• A LOT. I don't even see how race or where you guys are from have anything to do with anything.

• We're a cross section of humanity

• I've worn maxi dresses. So I don't know. And I don't know what wearing maxi dresses has to do with being a feminist, tbh you're being silly.

• It's their NOT wearing maxi dresses that puzzles us! Why don't they? CAn you expain it?

• When someone says they won't come to the aid of a heterosexual man who is getting beaten up by a gang (how would you know their orientation, btw?) then I sor tof have to assume I"m dealing with a Nazi or his Eva Braun.

• Wtf are you even talking about?

• Lmfao this has got to be one of the craziest questions!

I don't wear maxi dresses, I must be a feminist! :o
    Actually, I'm short as fuck. Maxi anything looks ridiculous on me :/

• Yes, it's not at its best on short girls, but depending on the styling and drape, it can work even on short girls.

But you are right, in this case, not wearing them doesn't prove you are a feminist. I never said all the girls who don't wear them are feminists! I said they NEVER wear them, even if they are tall!

• We prefer maxi skirts.

• LOL

Well I LOVE maxi dresses and I identify as feminist

• What do you mean, you 'identify' as feminist? Most girls would do that, but do you hate all men except Bill Clinton and Ben Netanyahu, and similar types?

That's how you QUALIFY as a card carrying feminist

• How many women in general wear maxi's? Not many, even here in the colder climate their not popular.

• I am a feminist I actually wore a max I today because they are so comfortable and I look good without even trying.

• I like them too. Are you a real PRACTICING feminist, though, a man-hater, etc., or just someone who thinks of herself as a feminist because it's cool?

• Naturally, they rarely come out and admit they hate all men... and oten, there are a few exceptions, such as fathers, but the exception proves the rule, right?

• nooo still don't hate men in general

• What kind of silly question is this? ! ?

• WE all agreed that you never see the militant man hater feminist wearing a maxi dress, and we wonder why this is.

• Why do you say fembots?

• maybe they just don't like the style. i only own 2 and i only wear them in the summertime. resort♡

• Are people really this dumb lol?

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know. I met a feminist once though who had 3 kids from 2 different dads and I think she was in her lower 20's. She was huge. She was bragging at work about how she dresses her son (I think he is 6-7) up in tutu's and stuff though. She claimed it was what he wanted to do but I seriously question that he was the one really wanting to dress that way.

• Just looked up what maxi dresses are. Wow, such stunning dresses! It's a bummer if feminists feel like they are oppressive or something. Perhaps most of the self-identified feminists you found are somewhat tomboy-ish, so they aren't much interested in dresses.

• so because of a poll you took in a pub, that is the basis of a generalization?
    well...
    media.giphy.com/media/nBwaYnpSEJwe4/giphy.gif

• i know plenty of girls just don't like them. but honestly who cares if they wear them or not.

• So what... who likes maxi dresses? No one... most feminists I know usually wear jeans

• No idea what a maxi dress is