Where can a busty girl find button-down shirts that actually go over her chest?

I have a 37in bust and a 25in waist and I like wearing white button down shirts. But I can't wear my old one anymore because I make holes in the chest area (if I can get the buttons to close at all) where can I find button shirts that go over my chest and don't make me look pregnant?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, whatever shirt you buy, if you want it to be greatly fitter, you're going to have to buy a size that goes over your breasts and then take it in at the waist - give that task to a professional seamstress - I think it might cost the same as the shirt.
    If you don't want to spend so much, unfortunately, you won't ever find a button down that fits you just right.
    Maybe you can just go to a seamstress with your own material and let her make you a few of those - which is still not going to be cheap...
    I doubt 15 dollars is going to cut it.

Either that, or reconcile with the fact that you won't have a fitter button down shirt... ever...

What Guys Said 4

• I get all my shirts made to measure. There are travelling tailors that measure in your city than make them in Hong Kong or similar and mail them to you. They focus on men's clothes but do women's shirts and suits as well. It's an option that would work.

• I love Hong Kong; your comment reminds me of "Rush Hour 2" where the Chinese guy tells Chris Tucker, "Cheap suit.. cheap suit."

• What's your budget?

• Like $15

• Well, assuming you live in America, you can go to Ross, TJ Max, Marshalls, Burlington, sometimes Macy's and JC Penny may have some sales. There are also random stores at malls that may have sales too.

• Great answer! I love a guy that knows his fashion :) Target had some too last time I looked. I'm in the exact same boat...

• buy larger size maybe?

• no offense but keep on wearing that shirt. at least it will pleasure all the guys around (i am just joking lol)

What Girls Said 4

• You can get a shirt that will fit across the bust and then add a belt to or a vest to give the shirt a more tailored look. Talk to a seamstress or tailor and see how much they would charge to add darting to the waist. Or I bet you could get a nice tank top to go under your blouse and leave the top buttons undone. What is the shirt for if you don't mind my asking?

• It's too look more professional at work.

• Then the belt or vest would def work as a stop gap until you can find something better or afford the tailoring.

• Deb's or Lane Bryant. You'll have to look at clearance at Lane Bryant. If you get a shirt there it would fit in the chest and you would just have to have it tailored to fit your waist.

• What about wearing a sweater over top? They can look very cute and stretch nicely.

• Girl, do what i do. E-BAY IT UP! E-bay is like my E-Bæ