What do you think of unconventional hairstyles?

What I mean is a hairstyle that you normally see on a certain group of people. Like dreads or braids or long hair, rat tails?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mean this in an asshole-ish way , but I'm usually curious what they do for a living, you don't see that sort of thing in the office. Beyond that I don't think much, it's their hair and they can do what they want with it. lol

• I want dreads and I work in an office. lol

• Sorry about that. Didn't see the name until your second response

• Sounds cool, the corporate environment I work in is a dry, dry biscuit!

What Guys Said 6

• It's not something I would have myself but it's not like I have anything against the people with those hairstyles

• I don't really have a opinion of that type of hairstylist. But I only wish that I could find a hairstylist that doesn't cookie cut that same crappy hair cut on my head she puts on everybody else's head. Every time I tell them I don't want my hair scooped off she looks at the example photo I show her says that's the hair cut she will give me and then begins to mow my hair off to match the snaggy head guy that left her chair before I sat down :|

• If someone wants to wear dreadlocks and their white that's their business
    and i see no problem with it.. Same if a white girl wants to wear braided hair
    that's her business and no one should put her down for it.

• I guess white dudes have my 'Hipster' haircut.

• cool, if they look well on the person that they are on, lol, which are you thinking of getting

• what is normal?

• Wasn't really the best word, but I couldn't think of a replacement. You see dreads on Rastafarian, braids on blacks, ponytails or rat tails on bikers, top knots on samurai. So those on others. Like braids on whites, blacks with a rat tail.

• I didn't ask if people should wear them, I asked what you think

• sorry, but i just gave my opinion. apparently you're saying i cannot express it, but i don't see that stated anywhere. and as others have said similar, lolol... i don't care, but single me out for whatever reason i'll just laugh...

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know. It's just hair, as long as it looks good, do it.

• Dreads are unconventional... oh okay... as long as they are in the profession allowing for it I don't care. If you are a business professional in a standard office a hot pink mow hawk probably isn't appropriate, but working in a clothing, tattoo or art store. Great. unconventional hairdos are reserved for jobs that are all about expression. Typical straight, or pulled back hairstyles are for more serious professional jobs.

• But why? I love a lot of hairstyles. Braids and dreads included and they can look just as classy in my opinion as a straight pulled back look. *sigh* I just wish is was all based on how well the person did the job and not on what they looked like, not that how they look is the whole reason they have the job.

• I totally agree with you. Expression is dead to "professional" adult work. Unconventional hairdos are distracting. The girl who dyes her hair pink is the same woman with the same skills whether it is a normal color, or not. The professional world won't see it thay way though.

• Its to bad because I hate having to normalize myself in order to get a better job

• Wouldn't it be hard for a white person to grow real actual dreads because of their hair texture? I read that you want dreads and most of the white people I see with dreads look awful because they look like they can be taken apart very easily

• I am not sure. I have read up on it and it would take a lot more work but I think its do-able. I had zillion braids done before and they didn't slip. I don't think anything could have taken them off come to think of it. An African lady did them and they were so tight I felt like I had a face lift lol

• Lol yes Africans braid pretth tight. Why do you want the dreads though?

• Main thing is you like it yourself, otherwise don't. But whether it suits you, depends on your body type and the cloths you wear with it. You have to look at the total picture.

• It's so cool and creative!!