How do I dress emo?

I've been told I act emo, and yes I am. But I've been told I don't dress emo. I refuse to wear skinny jeans. How do I dress emo?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• dont dress to fit a stereotype dress in whatever the heck you feel like...

• Go to wikihow :)

• google images emo.

What Guys Said 4

• I think loose pants are fine, as long as they're long pants.

Dyed black hair is important. Dark brown hair won't cut it. Your hair should also go at least a quarter inch below your eyebrows.

Adopt female-associated cosmetics/jewelry. Some kind of dark, "pensive" eyeliner is good, and a necklace and bracelet.

A t-shirt with something edgy on it. Doesn't have to be a bloody skull, just something that screams "nonconformist," even when it's sold at Penny's or Target.

Make sure your posture is slack and your handshake is soft. Flip your hair to the side even when it isn't in your face.

• search in google "emo fashion for boys" or sth similar basically ;-)

• Basically you just wear stupid shit and act like a little whiny emotional little bitch.

• Well aren't you just the goddess Aphrodite in a fucking hand basket?
      Please do me a favor, and tell me what it's like to see things from your point of view, because I can't get my head that far up my ass

• But you're emo. That's like being an AIDS infested pussy that cries more than his girlfriend. You are the queen of pussies. Your girlfriend is in a lesbian relationship with you.

• A lesbian relationship with me. Hmm. An AIDS infested pussy. Got issues?

• You look up what emo people are "supposed" to look like, you fit that image throughout your teen years, then you stop being so caught up with stereotypes/images/identities after that and just do what you want to do.

So just ride it out for now until you step up and take control of yourself.

• I'm against stereotypes, I'm not going to wear skinny jeans and slit my wrists, I've been in control mate, I've been dressing emo-ish for years

• What an edgy existence you have lol

• I'm the realist, I love on the edge, of drug addiction that is