Why do they say that big breasted women shouldn't wear bandeau's bikinis?

They always say bandeau bikini suits small breasted women better.
But why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because bandeaus make most average sized women look like they have broad shoulders. Personally I think they only look good on smaller women.

Also because bandeaus tend to fall off of larger breasted women.

I would know, I have bandeaus. Even though I'm skinny sometimes they just decide to roll down.

What Guys Said 2

• What's a bandeau bikini?

• Because bandeau bikinis have no support at all, and can very easily slip if worn on larger breasts.

What Girls Said 6

• i think any girl can wear whatever bikini she feels she can rock, regardless of other perceptions.

if she feels it isn't supportive enough, then she would be better off with a different style, but if she likes it then who cares about other people?

• I'm very busty and I would never wear a bandeau (or triangle) bikini. They have absolutely no support; I would be "falling down" if I attempted it. I can barely wear a strapless bra. I even fell out of my regular halter bikini top and I tied it very tightly. If I ever get my bikini bod, I'll probably have to splurge on something with underwire.

• Because of the lack of support. Bandeau bikinis are awful in general, especially if they don't have straps. Then you just end up having to pull it up or hold it in place so that it doesn't slide off your body (regardless of what size your boobs are to be honest). Also, for women with bigger boobs, it just looks like the boobs are going to fall out any second because they're so squished together in a bandeau.

• Because bandeaus want be able to support the natural weight of bigger breasts. A lot of the bandeau get tucked under and rather than help smooth out the look d breasts, it makes it look like the breasts are sagging.
    A-C cup women have no problems when it comes to bandeaus. It seems to suit them.
    D cup onwards, there's only this need to pull the bandeau up and trying to prevent it from sliding under the breasts.

• they have little/no support and can slip off... which can be really embarassing

• Lol.. I really would have thought the answer was quite obvious.. Little/No Support.

• But some bandeau bikinis have straps!!

• This is very true, however the design and material is not strong enough to give the much needed support to a large bust.