Girls, girls with afro caribbean, what do you do to encourage hair growth an less breakage?

What products do you use an do you avoid chemical relaxing your hair or does it damage it. It damaged mine an it's short now. How to i encourage hair growth?

Is it good to take biotin. It makes me spotty an hairy though.

Anyone know whether groganics is good or mega growth oils. I use them both but they not doing a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• Coconut oil, baby oil, argon oil, eggs, mayonnaise... scalp massage five minutes every night while facing your head down. I keep these things in my hair overnight. Put a shower cap on while you sleep and let it soak. Sleeping on satin pillowcases helps protect hair. As for vitamins, I find that biotin helps. A multivitamin is a good idea anyway. Don't straighten, bleach, dye hair etc or it's going to break off. Also, don't wash your hair every day. It's bad for your hair. A plastic pick is good for slow detangling. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• My hair is relaxed and of course there's chemical damage, but it looks healthy and that's how all hair is whether or not it's chemically straightened; once the damage is done, it can only look better, it doesn't get better.

If you're looking for hair growth, all you gotta do is stick to the essential oils. I use castor oil, sunflower oil and olive oil. And the thing with black Caribbean girls is they just grease their hair and grow but that's not good. So what I do it once I put the oil in my roots, I massage it in for about 5 minutes and then rinse all of it out. If you don't rinse it out it'll end up blocking your pores and your hair can't grow.

As for biotin, my mom used it for 6 months and it did work for hair growth but her hair was thin and easily broken so it didn't grow healthy at all. And mega growth is great! I use it and love it, but not everyone's the same so try others since it didn't work for you.

• I recommend a hot oil treatment. Use essential oils such as, olive oil, castor oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil and rosemary oil and heat them up in the microwave for a maximum of 1 minute. Apply it to your hair, leave it in for a while and then wash it out.