Black women who are natural- what do you use for your hair maintenance?

My hair is very thick (4c), but sometimes prone to breakage. Can you suggest any cheap solutions? Thank you! :-)
^^^what my hair texture is like.

Most Helpful Girl

• I use shea moisture. They have their own website:

They have all these different hair remedies. If you want to cure your dandruff and dry scalp, you get the African Black Soap collection. If you want to grow and strengthen your hair, I suggest you get the janaican Castor Oil collection that can be found in your target. It has helped and grown my hair tremendously. if that doesn't work for you, you can try different things but make sure you use ORGANIC products with ingredients that you can pronounce. Also, drink lots of water, take your vitamins. I take zinc, along with the others. Um, that's all I can think of right now... Oh and eat healthy. Doing all these things will help your hair growth and your body.
    Also I wash my hair at least 1-2 times a week. I also keep my hair oiled down. I hope I helped (: Good luck, Sweetheart❤️. And it's really good to see a lot of black women embracing their hair!!!

What Guys Said 1

• Its not cheap but those wen products are the truth. My aunt uses them. And swears by it. She used some on my hair and I agree.

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly, I've given up on hair maintenance. It's a total pain in the ass, I don't want it to grow longer than it is already hair care products are also expensive.

I just wash it a couple of times a week with water. Twice a month I'll use tea tree oil shampoo. I put hawaiian silky in it after ever rinse or wash. and then I put Coconut milk organix oil in it and let it dry.

Hawaiian Silky smells really sweet

Organix as a whole is great, but I really love the smell of coconut.

• I don't even have a routine either! I just ash my hair when needed and moisturized when it feels dry. I also trim my split ends my free time.

• Organix oil is like $7 a bottle and hawaiian silky is $5, It's pretty cheap and last. Grape oil feels good in 4c hair

• I go to the salon and do an Awapuhi keratriplex treatment to strengthen the bonds in my hair. It comes with a deep conditioning.

Afterwards, I usually keep it braided and use Olive Oil Spray (two different kinds) to maintain it.

When I take down my braids, I wash them with the Shea Moisture line to again strengthen my hair.

And I start the whole process again. I usually take Biotin pills and another type of pill to make my hair grow.

• No one can tell you how to take care of your hair. I just moisturize my hair, wash it and trim it.

• Of course they can that's why I asked...

• Users can give advice. She'll pick what she would like to try and see what works for her from the plethora of ideas. Stop being a know-it-all for a sec and chill girl, chill ^^

• I did not say people could not give her advice. I explained that no one can tell her how to take care of her. She asked for a routine for her hair. I don't know how to take care of her hair. But ofc advice is good. I gave it...

• Uhm...
    I just use whatever my mom buys, lol.
    Coconut oil, Olive oil, black seed oil, Cantu, Carol's Daughter, Nubian Heritage, this awesome hair butter from Nubian Heritage.
    Also taking hair skin and nail pills help.

• Camille rose products. Average 13. oo per product. coconut oil, Renpure shampoo and conditioner.

Cheap and 4c grade hair don't mix. It is way too thick. Believe me I've tried cheap, did NOT work.

• Just blow dry it and cut it reguarly. In my profile pic was taken in December and now if i flat iorn my haor it goes past my boobs. Also wash it often.