(introverted) Guys, can a girl who who stands out because of her style intimidate you?

I love fashion! And I'm finally confident enough to just wear wathever I want, I love bright colors, skirts, high heels and I like to wear a polished makeup look. But where I live most people dress down and just wear grey,brown,black... and girls don't wear high heels. This is something I would wear on a normal day (I still study in university) (introverted) Guys, can a girl who who stands out because of her style intimidate you?I do realize this probably makes me stand out and as a shy girl this can be uncomfortable... but I just try to not care what others think of me ;) I do get a lot more male attention than before BUT most of them only stare or follow me etc. The ones that do approach me are either very loud, obnoxious men or artists like photographers who want to work with me. Can this be caused by 'intimidation' (not that I'm going to beat you up :p), but in the way that it makes me less approachable for 'quieter' guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• That eniterly depends on the individual! I am usually not, but i am not the type that gets intimidated.
    of course if you stand out people could feel intimidated :)

What Guys Said 1

• Yes this could be intimidation.

As a shy and introverted guy (still working on the shy part), if I saw a gal like you just posted from across the room, I would look and freeze (think "deer in headlights"). Is this for a specific guy or just a general question?

What Girls Said 2

• I'm the same. Well aside from the heels and my makeup is fairly minimal. But still in a world where most girls go to class in sweatpants I think I stand out too

And I do got a lot of attention too, but mostly stares and not always sure they're good stares, they're just kinda blank. Hard to interpret.
    But I hardly ever get asked out, so good question, I'm wondering too

• A lot of guys don't "get" or appreciate women's fashion. Yes, a lot of them are intimidated by girls who dress very fashionably. But if you're asking this with the intent of "toning down" your style, don't even bother changing for guys to like you more.

• You are right! I don't want to change my style... I guess I should just give very obvious signals to the shy guys ;)