Shaving alternatives

So what's your opinion on Hair-removal creams?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use it all the time. It's painless, cheap does a great job, very fast compared to razor and over a long period of use; makes hair thinner and softer and will eventually prevent hair from growing back at all! If you have it on you for less than 15 minutes like the directions say, it won't sting. Also, it does smell like hair dye but hey, your in the shower and the smell will wash away when you clean yourself. Just leave it on until the hairs look squiggly and follow up with a multiple bladed at least fairly new razor and shave with the grain not against it or you'll get ingrown hairs. Pat Vulva dry and apply some lotion on treated area to further prevent ingrown hair.

There's many different types to cater to your liking.

What Guys Said 3

• smell pretty bad, I say stick with bump patrol brand, it works for me and there's no rash or bumps

• I think for some people they can work pretty well, but they smell like ass.

• they burn and are expensive try magic shaving powder found in wal mart or wal greens it costs two dollars and fifty cent does not burn or cause red bumps

What Girls Said 8

• continuous use of hair removal creams is very unhealthy. everything you put on your skin is absorbed into your blood stream (that's why the birth control patch works) and those creams are all chemicals that are basically toxic to our bodies... using them once or twice won't have a large effect, but I wouldn't rely mainly on them to remove hair. I rely on my trusty razor =)

• They always make me all red and irritated looking even when I follow the directions perfectly =/

• I have sensitive skin so when I tried the creams I got a lot of irritation, so I stick to wax. It seems like I found my brand, in nads.

• Nair Sux! Veet works. I use it alllll the time.

• Personally...I don't like them.

My skin is rather sensitive...So I tend to get my skin eaten while most of my hair stays intact.

There is one that worked really well though...which is Sally Hansen's Spray-On Shower-Off. It didn't burn and my legs were really smooth after. But the amount you get in the bottle isn't worth the price.

Whatever you do...stay away from the Veet brand hair remover cream! That stuff is a nightmare.

• i hate them

• They are a lot better than shaving for some people. The only downside is that they smell terrible and may irritate your skin. Everytime I tried to use depilitories, I'd get a rash and it didn't get rid of all my hair.

• Depending on where you're using them...

Bikini area you have to get a very gentle one, preferably one only for that area.

arms/legs: don't do it just too expensive shaving is easier, less painful and cheaper

mustache (lol) use one that is for face area and make sure you like the smell or there is none, because if you use it you will smell it for 24 hours afterward.