Anyone else think that a tan makes someone LESS attractive?

I've always thought that people looked better with their natural skin tone. Anyone else think this way?

• yes, I agree. Tans are unattractive.
    25% (5)67% (8)41% (13)Vote
  • No, I disagree. Tans are attractive.
    30% (6)25% (3)28% (9)Vote
  • meh.
    25% (5)8% (1)19% (6)Vote
  • other (specify in comments)
    20% (4)0% (0)12% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|6

Most Helpful Girl

• Natural skin tone is definitely the best. It looks healthier and prettier, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• It depends on the person, I guess.

But yeah. Obvious fake tans are ugly, and even natural tans can be, in my opinion.

Like, whenever one of my coworkers comes back with a tan from vacationing in a warm place, everyone gushes how good they look, but I tend to think they looked better without the tan.

0|1
    0|0
  • You know... sometimes someone looks amazing with a tan - a natural one, not an orange spray or bottle tan.
    But I like being pale - I basically don't have a choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends. I've seen people who look better when they are pale, and they don't look as good as tanned. I've seen people who look better tanned. I think it depends on the amount of tanning they do. Too much tanning looks terrible on anyone. I feel I look better with a tan, but just enough. Too much doesn't look good on me. When I am pale (which I am right now) I look kind of sickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fake tans are definitely ugly. Natural tans from working outside or something like that are attractive, as long as they aren't taken to extreme and they never take care of their skin

0|0
    0|0
  • When it looks like they just popped out of a doritos bag, it's unattractive.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm happy some people hate fake tans. I get teased all the time for my white skin :(

0|0
    0|0
  • on a white guy, yes but if he is naturally tan then no. I think tan skin looks better than pale.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how tan the person gets, I personally love when I am tan.

0|0
    0|0
  • some tans are ok but faking isn't good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tans are only unattractive when the person's skin starts resembling leather...

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a difference between orange and tan. I think tan actually makes someone look hotter. being orange, no thats not cute.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I hate tans. Sure they might look sexy now, but all that skin exposure will catch up to them later with wrinkles and cancer.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yep. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who paid any attention in health class.

• i beleive if that someone's already attractive tan won't change ehr basically

0|0
    0|0
  • Orange people?

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be alright at first but when they start looking like a Dorito chip then it's gone too far.

0|1
    0|0
  • White people shouldn't tan. Oh it looks okay but you'll look 15-20 years older than your darker skinned counterparts once you hit 30-35.

Science talking here. Not me. No offense to all you pale faces out there. So lighten up! (Pun intended)

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't know that black people even COULD tan! What would that look like?

• I had an African soccer coach years ago who told a story of going to the doctor because his skin hurt. Was shocked to find out he had a sunburn.

• I don't mind a tan, I quite like it actually. The thing with a tan is it has to be natural and it shouldn't be taken too far, sometimes you see people who aren't sun burned but they tanned way too dark and they look weird. Orange fake tans are no good either. lol

0|0
    0|0