Why do guys say that they prefer girls not to wear makeup, but the only girls I see with boyfriends do?

What's up with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hardly ever wear makeup, however sometimes I like to glam it up for my boyfriend and put some on when we go out - he prefers me natural, but enjoys seeing a little makeup at appropriate times (as do I :) ). From what I got from him, a little makeup every now and then shows that a girl likes to pamper and maintain herself.

But it all depends on a guys taste.. In my opinion however, I would go with or without makeup (whatever you're most comfortable with) and find a guy who likes you for you. Most importantly, you don't NEED a boyfriend to feel fulfilled or accepted. It'll come in due time, just be yourself and it'll happen. :)

What Guys Said 4

• I prefer a girl who looks an 8 without make-up as a oppose to a girl who needs make up (duh).

I however prefer a girl to wear make-up if she looks like a 2 without it.

Isn't life fun?

In the end, a guy prefers whatever looks better.

• well its a matter of personal taste really.. I once had a fling with a girl who wore so much makeup that she literally looked like her face was melting one time when it suddenly rained.. however even without makeup she was beautiful..

my current girlfriend doesn't wear much in the way on makeup, except maybe mascara and a light eye shadow, it just pops out her eyes and they are amazing with or without it

• Well, its her decision whether to wear makeup or not. I'm sure the guys didn't pick them because they do. Its not really THAT important of an issue, girls should do whatever makes them feel good or right.

• Here are a few

1.Some guys say this,because they feel make up sometimes makes a girl look worse.

2.Some guys say this,because the girl really does look better without it and feel they should keep it off.

3.Some guys are just trying to be nice and really do like make up and just wants there girl to feel loved without it.

Peace!

What Girls Said 3

• I think they just want a girl to LOOK like they're not wearing makeup. The majority of guys don't know all the eyeliner techniques and bronzers and stuff, they think it is real unless it's really obvious.

• That is a really good question because I always wondered myself. They always choose the girl that is covered in make-up over the natural pretty one.

• because most guys are not that knowledgeable about feminine beauty products. most guys just care about how the girl looks overall, they wouldn't be that impressed by your new MAC eyeliner like your best friend would. the beauty of a girl is more important to them than her products. but we know that most of us look better with a little makeup. it's just that if you do the natural look, most guys don't really equate that with you wearing makeup, they usually think of it in an extreme or noticeable way.