What's your view on tongue piercings?

I'm thinking about getting a tongue piercing in a few weeks, I don't know if I should or not. In your opinion;; Do they look nice? & would it look nice on me? or would I look like a spacker. Opinions please. Thank you.xxxx

Lolll I got my lip pierced instead (: Thinking of petting snakebites!
Dewd I can't spell shh :| *getting.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that you have not done your homework on the issue. Let's say you get this tongue piercing. Lets say after about four years you decided you don't like it anymore. What would your plans be? I had a friend who had one. It was screwed into his tongue. When he decided to get it removed, he found no one would do it without having to pay a lot of money. He grabbed a pair of pliers and began to turn the piercing. Naturally, the muscle had bound itself to the screw end. It was twisting his tongue in his mouth as he turned. He told me it was extremely painful. Ok, so now that you have heard this, what do you think? Want a pair of pliers?

• I have mine done and you don't need people to take it out I change my piercin all the time.

• Rofl. wow. your friend must have gone to a really bad place if he did indeed have it STUCK in his tongue. Hahahahahhaha

• LOL that is so retarded and a lie because tongue piercing

actually every piercing is used with removeable jewelry

so that you can clean and change your piercing jewelry whenever

you want.

What Guys Said 7

• I love piercings. Tongue being of no exception. I think you would look good with one.

The thing with piercings is, they will heal if you take them out. So, if you get it and decide you hate the thing, take it out. Its not like a tattoo that if you hate it will be stuck with you for like unless you get it removed (which rarely works quite right).

I would say if its what you want, go for it.

• Not a fan. I like a good naked tongue please.

• I don't see the point its in your mouth, a piercing is usually had to draw attention to the facial area and a tongue piercing will draw attention to the mouth, and what happens when you have bad breath.

• I can't stand most piercings but tongue studs are VERY sexy.

• lip peircings are hot =]

• i like em :) go for it

• I hate tongue piercings. Who wants to taste metal when they're making out with someone?

What Girls Said 13

• I don't think you should do it until you're older. Because you are younger people aren't going to necessarily going to view it as someone using a form of expression but just another kid trying to do what the older ones are doing. at least wait til you're 18. But generally yes. I like tongue rings a lot! Especially kissing people with them. Just awesome. Major turn on.

• my view is do what you want to do. one of my ex boyfriends had a tongue peircing. I think it's a turn on when a guy gets it. like I said, do what makes you happy. my simple philosophy is just that

• very gross and low class. Oh and if they hit one of the major blood vessels in your tongue then you will have a stroke and die.

• Haha..do you actually believe that?!

• That's why when the peircing is done, it IS NOT placed into the very center of the tongue as that is the primary location for the major vein. Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Look it up, or talk to someone who does peircings. Unless you are trusting the flea market people!

• Im in college your not that should tell all!!

• one of my mom's Xboyfriends had one (there's a story behind it too) but he took it out once while we were eating and he's like "hey look what I can do" and he put spaghetti through it

i thought that was cool

i'd never get one though they look like they hurt like a bitch

• I wanted to get one tooo .. but my mom didn't let me:( don't listen to what people think. I mean if you want it, you think its qonna looks cute on you, GO FOR IT . Just cuhs people say its slutty,trashy, etcc doesn't mean you shouldnt get it . If you make it slutty then it will look slutty

• Girl go for it .. I think they are truly sexy and if people say that there for freaks or what not .. It don't matter because its the person that choice to make the tongue ring freaky so if you get 1 enjoy it 4 yourself and by the way .. I think you will look cute with one or even a Marilyn Monroe piercing judging by your pic

• Personally not a fan of them, but that's just my opinion. If you really like it, go for it. Why stop yourself from living life the way you want to?

• i have it done. and its awesome. you talk kinda funny for a few days but that's it. there great. and youd look good with it

• I have a tongue pericing my self! I think they are sexy so if you wanna get it I think you should!

• Tongue piecrcings is bad.

• they're ok, just kinda trashy

• grosssssssssssssssssssssss. trashy.

• I wouldn't. They're considered a bit old by some people... Like those fairy tattoos that all the teen girls have. Also, you can damage your teeth.