What do you guys think about women or men skin bleaching?

For those who don't know, skin bleaching is when you use certain lotions or soaps that lighten your skin color. My mother is African and we had took a trip to Africa about a year ago and almost all the women there use lightening lotions. My mother uses lightening cream and she is very light and my dad is actually black but he is lighter than me too and I used to wonder how and why I have dark skin if both my parents are light. Turns out, my mom was originally my color. Also, I have an Asian friend whose mom using lightening cream and her mother is very pale and I'm just like your mother is already very pale, why is she using it and she says its the "style".

• Yes to skin bleaching
  • No to skin bleaching

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was young I really wanted skin lightening. I saved my money for skin bleaching, it was a serious goal of mine. Now I only have one lightening cream I use for scars. I need to by a lightening soap Because for some strange reason my everything bellow my Chest is about. 3 shades darker than my arms chest and face, I just want to have an even tan during the summer so I look less weird in swimsuits

What Guys Said 2

• if they like doing this y should judge them basically?

• No, I don't like that idea. In my opinion white people look better really white and black people look better really black.

And then when they come together... ooh lala...

What Girls Said 3

• Why can't people of color love their skin? White people spend billions of dollars to be our color. Embrace it girl!

• No better than tanning or skin darkening.

In the western world, skin bleaching's look down on.
    In the eastern world, skin darkening's look down on.

• I consider it redundant.