Rate your shallowness on a scale of 1-10.

So the past few days I've been wondering about this question and ask a lot of people to rate their shallowness.

what's your shallowness on a scale of 1-10?

if one being less shallow

and 10 being the most shallow and most superficial?

guys and girls are welcome for input and votes.

• Looks doesn't matter. I'll take time to understand who they are and let their personality capture me.
  • Shallow?- I'm super shallow!
  • I go for Nerds so don't care.
  • I only go for personality and intellectually driven people. Looks? it doesn't bother me a whole lot.
  • Other. and if vote other please explain. thanks :)
thanks for all those that voted :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A) and I ranked myself an even 5.

There are times when I have totally wanted someone because they looked good and other times when after establishing a friendship, I have found myself attracted to the person.

Usually with just looks, it was a superficial attraction that faded with time but I always fell hard for guys with personality, despite their looks.

I'm no beauty queen myself, so I guess I have no reason to place so much value on physical appearance. The guys that liked me thought I was cute until they got to know me ... then they thought I was beautiful. That was something I appreciated greatly.

• What an amazing answer.

• I'm in in same boat as you! and I expecially liked your comment in what you said towards the end

"I'm no beauty queen myself, so I guess I have no reason to place so much value on physical appearance. The guys that liked me thought I was cute until they got to know me ... then they thought I was beautiful. That was something I appreciated greatly"

I know exactly what you mean and I had an ex that thought I was beautiful :) but yeah.

• Kick ass answer

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say on a scale of 1-10 I'm about 20.

• I go for nerds but I'm still shallow.

• How do you rate your shallowness then?

and by nerds what is your definition what a nerd looks like?

• *throw -_- I hate that there is no edit feature.

• You really take it to new extremes.

• 1-10 scale : 1 is less shallow and 10 is superficial

-- 4 --

I am interested by looks, but attracted by personality and conversation. I am some what shallow- because there are people that I just wouldn't date in this world. I don't think it is shallow, but more as "respect" for myself and who I am.

Best regards,

• Why post anonymously if you're going to sign your post anyway?

• To make hate mail less prominent - people don't have a direct link to my account and thus have to search for it... I'm not ashamed of being me- but this site seems like a website directed towards flaming, and I'm not interested in wasting my time with snude comments

What Girls Said 4

• I voted that I go for nerds and don't care. Out of all the people I've ever met, the socially awkward, the highly intellectual, the misunderstood, the outcast, the chronic internet users... D&D players... guys with imagination... the shy ones... the ones who are great with computers... those are the people I love to associate with. I was raised by two engineers though, so what can I say?

I don't think I am all that shallow at all really. Looks do not matter to me. What trends you follow does not matter to me. Whether you have a brand name bag or not doesn't matter to me. I really could care less. It's hard for me to be around smokers because I have asthma and I don't like the way they smell. It's also hard for me to be around unhygienic people >_> I would say, as long as you don't smell bad and you take care of yourself, the bigger thing that attracts/repels me is personality.

I think a better definition of shallow needs to be made. I'm a very deep person, and I love philosophy and theology. In a sense I can take things too seriously. At the same time though, I am a complete goofball and like to keep some relationships on a superficial level (at certain times) because it makes things more fun! So are you meaning materialism or lack of depth in thought and relationships?

We'll put it this way. I myself hardly ever wear makeup (except on special occasions), and even more rarely wear jewelry. My favourite clothes have come from Target and thrift stores (and as soon as I can learn how to make my own that will be even better!), the only brand name things I own are gifts from people and I keep them based on their sentimental value, I enjoy music of every genre (whatever tickles my fancy) regardless of what the top songs are on the chart, and in middle school I owned a pair of neongreen shoes that didn't go with anything (they were my favourites). I'm not one of those people that jump on the bandwagon, I didn't drink on my 21st birthday, I enjoy reading (but despise romance novels), and most of my friends are not of the "material" type. I'm not sure how you would rate it at all. I suppose I am any where from 0-3. I'm sure I have my days (I'm a woman... I fluctuate of course!).

What do you rate yourself?

• I'm kinda of like you. Looks don't matter to me at all. It's really the personality that counts the most. and I love intellectually driven guys. (in other words nerds) and I love to have intellectual conversations! and like have like debates! It's awesome! Love to have my brain challenged!

as for jewelry wise I love to wear ear rings and I have a few pieces of jewelry that was given to me by my grandma. Makeup to me? I only wear it when the mood strikes other then that I'll really just put on

• Lip gloss and go.

so if you ask how I rate myself?

urm three? or four?

but I go for that guys voice and even if their voice isn't all that awesome as long as they have an awesome personality I'll give them a chance but If they are not intellectually driven and I can't carry on a conversation with them then --that's a No . And if they are not taller then me then that's a No because I'm a girl and do want my boyfriend to be at least taller then me. Not to hard to ask right?

• I'm really not sure how to even rate my shallowness. I mean, if I'm not physically attracted to someone, then I won't be able to date them. However, I don't care how muscular or tall a guy is, or other shallow things like that. Most of the guy's I've been attracted to in the past would probably be considered only averagely attractive. So, I guess in some ways I am shallow, and some ways I am not.

• Do you think guys are more shallow then us girls? or do you think we are more shallow then them? or could it vary?

sometimes I think guys are more shallow then us.

• Hmm I think it varies. I know some guys that are more shallow than me, and some that are less.

• I don't think caring about looks makes you shallow. You have to be physically attracted to that person to have a healthy relationship. I don't get how someone could be with someone they thought was unattractive, that would be like forcing yourself to like them?

I am a Libra so I can't help it, I admire beauty and I often am initially attracted to ridiculously good looking guys but then again I like guys who could be considered "ugly" too. Even though they're "ugly" I still find them attractive so I don't know really what to say about that lol.

I wouldn't say that I'm shallow because I don't follow what other people say. A lot of my friends make fun of me because they say I have the worst taste. I don't feel like I have to impress other people with my choice in men. If I think you're cute then you're cute to me. I would never date a guy who didn't have personality and other qualities I liked just because he looked good.

So I guess I'd give myself a 5.

• Well yes you need to be attracted to them, but what first attracts you I think is the defining feature. I cannot look at some one and just think they are attractive... it just doesn't happen for me. I only think people are attractive once I get to know them. To me, there is nothing better than a witty personality, some one who is caring and sensitive, and some one who I can share a good video game with :D that's when it hits me - "Gosh this person is attractive!!!!" lol

• Yeah - I agree with swtlostchingrl82587. They are just another person in my eyes... every one looks different. So I definitely have come to appreciate that much. I like when people are unique. But as far as thinking some one is "hot" or "cute"... I've never been one of those girls to giggle and point in a group at a guy in that way. I try not to judge based on looks because of the fact that the way I view their looks changes as I get to know them :)

• I know exactly what you mean bitsizedonut :)

• um I guess I will say I rate myself a 8? or 7. must admit I am pretty shallow about looks.