Is it okay to wear a hijab if your not Arab?

I really want to wear a hijab. One because I think they're pretty. But also because I have really bad skin so it's be a way for me to cover my face.
Is it okay to wea because I don't want to offend anyone, I just like them.

Most Helpful Guy

• WTF?

apart from religion... hijab is the most unattractive clothing ever basically

• I don't mind it, I'm not pretty anyway so there's not much damage a hijab could do

• Listen it could be the ugliest thing unless a girl (like me) is fashionable plus the hijabs I use are like scarves from Macy's and jcp that girls just wear around they're neck.

What Guys Said 3

• lol! i freaking love GaG!
    uhmmm to answer your question lol!

It becomes a cowl, or head scarf basically, its not religious so its not a hijaab
    DISCLAIMER: Some people might begin to identify you as muslim

• A hijab can be worn by anyone. Race doesn't matter. Go ahead and rock it if you like. You won't offend.

• It's a Muslim thing, not an Arab thing.

@ArabianPwincess197

What Girls Said 7

• I think the hijab is a beautiful garment. But there is a difference between a head scarf (which is what I think you want. Something to just cover)
    A hijab is a religious clothing article used to preserve beauty.
    I'm not sure if it's wrong to want to wear one. More power to you.

• You don't wear a hijab because you're arab. You wear a hijab because you're Muslim. Or, I guess out in middle eastern countries to protect yourself from sand back in the day.
    But hijab can be worn by someone of any race as it is a Muslim tradition. Men have hijab too. Muslim men must be covered from the neck down to the knees. It's about modesty.
    I don't know, I suppose you could wear it if you're not Muslim...

• Of course go ahead :)

• Go ahead and put it on its your choice..
    But about covering up your face because you have bad skin is not a good idea.
    Iv struggled with bad skin too and I came to the conclusion that trying to hide it only makes you feel worse about your self..

• Of course! I don't wear one myself but I think you should wear what you want! It's your style, it's your body, no one else can tell you what to do with it!

• I've met women who were christians who wear the hijab because they don't like how men look at women but they have been asked if they were muslim etc. you don't need to be muslim to wear the hijab or any head scarf, its your own choice :)

• Its okay. Im not Arab also but sometimes I'm wear human too