Lady's Ring Finger?

My brother told me that if a guy is attracted to a lady, one of the first things he does is look at their wedding ring finger. Is this true?

When you see a ring what's your first thought? What does it have to look like for you to think its a wedding ring?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's true when I'm interested in a girl I look if she's wearing some ring indicating a relationship. Some girls really do wear a ring for the sole purpose of fending off attention. One very flirty girl at work wears such a ring. She's not married and even told me it's just to ward off attention but she's too sweet and flirty with guys for it to day any good.

I tend to think when I see a ring is that she's in a relationship. The ring has to look valid. Sometimes it's clear the ring is just some worthless thing she put on her finger.

What Guys Said 3

• A lot of the time, it's the VERY first thing I look for after I decide that she's attractive. If there's a ring there, it doesn't matter if it's a 400 carat rock or a twist tie, I immediately extinguish any thought of making a move. If it's a serious ring, obviously she's off limits. If it's a ring that she "just wears" on her ring finger, then I think that's extremely inane and I doubt I would be very attracted to a girl like that.

• easy answer if I see a wedding ring, I back off. No flirting. If I think she is nice and pretty. I'll talk but try to catch myself from flirting. Oddly, sometimes these tactics backfire and they start sending the signals of being interested. I got a problem there.I Probably should ask a question about it.

• I know I do, not so much to see if its a wedding ring, but I assume if she is wearing a ring on her finger, it means she has a boyfriend at least.

• Well I have to say I do wear a ring... and it does have diamonds on it... however it has a different meaning than what most would think I guess.

What Girls Said 0