Guys, are guys attracted more to girls who dress casual (i. e. jeans and a tshirt) or girls who dress up (dresses, nice clothes, heels)?

Do you find a girl dressed nice to be intimidating? I feel like guys don't approach me when I dress up.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the situation. I like a girl that dresses appropriately for what we are doing. If we are hanging out in a park, jeans and a t-shirt make way more sense than heels and an evening gown. If we are having a lazy morning, boxer shorts and a tank top are appropriate. But if we are going out for a three course dinner, boxer shorts and a tank top would... not make me happy, let's just say...

A guy may be slightly intimidated if a girl is more dressed up than they are at the time, because if they are together in a place and time, they will be obviously being judged as to what is appropriate attire for that specific time and place. A guy in a suit and tie and a cocktail party is not going to be intimidated to talk to a girl in a nice dress with her hair done. A guy in shorts and flip flops is not going to be intimidated to talk to a girl in a sundress if they are both at the beach. Or, rather, won't be any more intimidated than they normally would. The clothing will be irrelevant.

• So a sundress or a nice blouse with jeans and heels would be too much for a college class? lol

• No, not necessarily. It would be fine for certain classes, especially on a warm, sunny day. It would depend a bit on the college. What I would wear to final year classes in law school would be a little different than what I would wear to Psych 100 at a local community college, for example. Most post-secondary is pretty casual though.

Heels can be a trickier case though. It would depend a lot on the heels. Wedges, thick heels... they can go with a lot more casual looks. 6 inch stiletto heels in red patent leather... not so much.

What Guys Said 14

• her outfit really just flies over my head if she's hot.

• I don't really think the dresses I like on girls are "Dressed up" material. There's nothing better to me than a girl in a sundress or just a cute everyday dress, especially if she's got the legs for it. Jeans are great if they're NOT tight. I hate jeggings, leggings, and yoga pants because I want the body to be a mystery at first and something that only I get to see, kind of like my prize for catching you, you know? I don't want a girl that puts it all on display for the world, I like modesty.

• I like comfortable for the most part. I don't really like t-shirt/jeans, I prefer hoodies on girls. They just look cuter.

But I mean if you're going out or something formal, then yeah nice clothes are important. If you're just going to class, yeah hoodie would be the most attractive for me anyway.

• I beautiful woman stands out no matter what she's wearing. Different places and occasions call for different style. I'll be more impressed by the fact that she dresses beautifully in stead of what she really wears.

• I am more attracted to girls who dress up. I guess it could be because a girl dressed casually seems easier to approach? I have trouble approaching a girl regardless of how she is dressed.

• In my opinion, a girl that wears leggings and a low cut shirt shows me not that she's a slut, but that she has the confidence to wear that. It also shows that she's fine with guys hitting on her or looking at her butt. So I like girls that wear that kind of stuff, but sometimes you have to dress fancy.

• A mix of both.

• It depends on the perception of the guy. If he girls that are elegant then dress up if they like casual then jeans. i like dress up. But casual is also cool

• I'm a huge fan of casual dressing like jeans and t shirt.

• Do you find my pic intimidating to you?

• me personally i like both long as she has some style to her but heels are sexy on a female

• Jeans and a t shirt

• casual for me

• I like both so whatever is comfortable