What do you think of wearing colored contact lenses?

What do u people think of colored contacts? Do u like it? Is it like hair dye? Or you just cannot tolerate it? What if you were mesmerized by a blue-eyed girl/boy one night, and the next day you meet him/her you realize that their original color is brown. What would you think?

I personally hate them because everybody's eyes are unique and beautiful the way they are. I feel like wearing them indicates low self-esteem and insecurities. But I want to hear people's opinions on this!

• Nope, I prefer natural eyes
  • Ya, why not?
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• You can ALWAYS tell when people are wearing color contacts. The color never looks natural, and it makes your pupil look really weird, like you always have your eyes wide open.
    I like when people wear them as a statement, like Marilyn Manson or if they have some crazy pattern, or if they're vivid unnatural color.
    But if you're wearing them to try and pull it off as natural you just look stupid.

What Girls Said 6

• It has to be from the right place! And it has to look good with your skin type and hair color. As much as I like blue eyes, it does not go with dark dark skin. And sometimes you can tell that its fake or at times its an unnatural color and looks tacky. But try it out! It may look good on you!

• Unless it is something clearly not your own, something that goes along with a certain look or outfit-- I am not a fan. I think that, as an example, a Victorian-inspired goth can easily pull off a white/icy blue eye. It looks cohesive and understandable. If someone were simply trying to change their eyes to, as an example, hazel instead of brown, I think it looks out of place.

• I wanted to buy some when I was younger but then I realised I have myopia so I'm scared to do it. Now I'll just be with my hazelish brown eyes for the rest of my life. It's OK. On others I do prefer naturally beautiful green or blue orbs but it's still OK if they're brown. :)

• Yup, brown eyes can be pretty too.

• Hah true. I love my brown eyes and brown eyes on other people as well. I think it just depends on the person's face AND your perception of its beauty. Brown, blue, and green eyes are equally beautiful. However, since brown is the most common, it can become boring if we allow it to!

• Couldn't agree more. :)

• Theyre a bugger to get in though haha

• I like colorful lenses but lenses make my eyes itchy.

• Ya it does

• Well you can fix your eyes through the LASIK laser eye surgery. Its a bit scary and a bit expensive but totally worth it.

• No thanks, but thanks for advice.

• I don't like them or hate them.

What Guys Said 2

• looks stupid and takes the blossom away from people who are genetically gifted with good coloured eyes.

• No they look weird. Makes you look like some emo kid.

• Could be. But I also dislike how unnatural and deceiving they can be