Having first tattoo at 19?

Hi, i'm 19 will 20 this October. I want to have a tattoo inside upper arm. I just can not decided 100% to get it because some people suggested me that i might find a job harder in the future or get a high paid? Is that really affect my life like that? Also some good man does not want a wife with tattoo? Any advice? Thank you in advance and Happy Easter! <3

Thank you so much for all honest opinion ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• only CONSERVATIVE people care and make a big fuss about tattoos basically.. just 2 let u know...;-)

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't do it. Your body right now isn't defaced with tattoos, and even though right now you may think they look cool, it will be too late when you're 30 and you wish you hadn't done that to yourself.

• If you are a career oriented person tattoos will really make that difficult for you. If you want one I'd get one in an area that You'd always have covered in a job setting. I know a girl who got one on her upper abdomen right below her left breast and she is in a career setting where she can't have any visible tattoos. A lot of girls get tattoos on their upper back but then that limits certain types of dresses they can have. If you get one on your arm you wouldn't be able to wear a sleeveless dress in the work place. If you're not going to work in a "professional" setting though for a career you may be able to have tattoos.

• Get whatever you want as long as you are 110% sure you want it.
    Tattoos and body mods are becoming more and more accepted in society, heck look at me.. heavy modified, covered in tattoos and hold down 3 jobs.

And about that good man bit?
    fuck that, a good man is a man who loves you for you.

• You can't have a tattoo that's too reveling if your going into the workforce. Nobody especially your boss should be able to see it.

• As long as it's hidden from plain sight under normal clothing, you should be fine getting jobs.

• So in this day there still some job that does not like a person with tattoo?

• I have one on my back, just try to not let it show, since tattoos, especially in job interviews are a no-no

• Yes, it will affect everything. And no guy wants a girl with a tattoo! A woman's body is God's perfect and flawless creation. Please don't mess it up with graffiti.

• Obviously it's your decision but I don't think you should get a tattoo now. I know a few people who got tattoos when they were your age and they all regret it now. Also if you do get one you should get it somewhere where you can easily conceal it

• Why not get a hundred more while your added it.

What Girls Said 3

• It depends what the job will be and if the tat is visable :) plus good men dont care about the tattoo just depending what it is really, i have 2 on my waist. what design is it? :)

• Some motivation quote :3

• no won't be a problem then darling, only time a guy won't like it or a job company is if its something mannish like flaming skulls with guns and stuff haha

• Depending on where you live and what job you're looking for will determine your likelihood of obtaining the position with a tattoo.

For the most part, a lot of companies don't even care anymore. I know men in military who are decked in sleeve tattoos & that's a government position. If you really want the tattoo, no one is to stop you except yourself. Besides, do you really plan on going into an interview with a short sleeve shirt?

• I got my first tattoo at 17. I had some problems getting a job. I remember my mother asking me how had the interview been, and me telling her I wasn't accepted due to the tattoo. She got really mad and went there against my wishes and threatened the recruiter. She was the head of security of the company I wanted to work for. Her boss was notified, and soon my sisters and I joined our mother as part of the security personnel; and the guy who didn't want to hire me, was fired.