Ok so I want to get a tattoo but I'm scared that later on I'm not going to be able to donate blood...So my question is how long does it take for me to be able to donate blood once I get a tat or if I can't donate at all...

Most Helpful Girl

• 1 year

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• A year, and the same goes for piercings. =] I'm having the same issue right now, because I've been itching for a new piercing for so long. But I can't, because I donate plasma instead of whole blood, and that's my only source of income right now. Until I manage to secure a real job, I need to donate plasma for that extra cash. So all in all, I can't get a piercing until I find a job, because if I get a piercing, I can't donate for a year, and that means no money.

• wait at least 12 months after you've had your tattoo done to donate blood. This is related to the risk of hepatitis, so make sure you go to a well-informed, clean tattoo parlor that follows specific regulations.