What's with men wearing their hair in a bun these days?

I notice a lot of men who have longer hair are doing more than just wearing them in a ponytail now - they are just twisting them up in to buns, but in a similar style that has always been worn by women. I didn't know this was a thing now, but I've seen some men with a bun sitting at the nape of the neck, but also worn high up just like a woman's up-do.

Do you like this look?

0|0
8|8

Most Helpful Girl

• I like long hair on guys, but ponytails and buns look ridiculous on guys.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Seen it for a few years now.

the high bun is probably trying to evoke samurai more than girl. It's often paired with a beard.

If your'e going to blame a celebrity i'd start with football (soccer) players. Quite a few of them wear it, especially during games.

0|0
    0|0
  • screw that shit haha!
    i know a bunch of dudes with that screw trends lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy this.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just this odd fashion going around atm..
    Fashion is weird... let's be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • yea time to get the scissors and cut them buns!

1|0
    0|0
  • I've wondering this too. I think it looks silly to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • I thinks like what the hippie kids do or they just want to be samurai.

0|0
    0|0
  • ear rings, nail polish, now female hairstyles... what's next? my guess is tampons

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Some of my male friends do this. Only two types of guys seem to do this... guys who are really into surfing, or guys who are very creative/artistic. Both types are often care about their appearances, probably a little more than the average bloke, so they're more likely to follow current trends, which the male bun is right now.
    It's okay on guys, some can pull it off really well. But I still prefer a guy with guy hair... short, but enough to run my fingers through.

0|0
    0|0
    • On TV, I've seen mainly professional athletes do this with their hair. In my day-to-day life I've seen it on athletes or artsy-types.

• Yeah, I guess athletes care a bit more about their appearance more than the average guy too.
      Would you be happy to answer my most recent question too?

• "I AM TRYING TO BE ALTERNATIVE BECAUSE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO BE ALTERNATIVE"

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh I love guys with long hair!

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it very very attractive and I would almost encourage it!

• Show All
    • I know but maybe there rockstars. I seen a few fella like that I think its adorable.

• I can see Anthony Kiedis getting away with it, back in his younger days.

• I don't like long hair, but I ha ent seen it here.

0|0
    0|0
  • They probably got the trend from Jared Leto

0|0
    0|0
  • Ick. I hate buns on men. So effeminate.

0|0
    0|0
  • they are killing their babies

0|0
    0|0