A lace skirt, too sexy and inappropriate to wear?

I've noticed that I have many lacy skirts and my family pointed out that they are inappropriate to wear.
What do you think? :)

Do you think it is maybe inappropriate to wear to work or when you need to dress up for some formal event?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as they're not too short then I don't see why you couldn't wear them to work. They're really pretty.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have a killer figure... anything you wear would be considered inappropriate (warning, may cause an immediate arousal, everyone please look the other direction).

If you're body is like a pillsbury doughboy then no body would say a thing.

Wear it!
    You won't always have those nice legs.

What Guys Said 31

• The number 3 one looks fairly short, but the only thing I can say from the other 2 is that it depends on your style.
    It looks a little but classic but I'd like it. And the nr 1 and 2 skirt are not inappropriate for a young girl. They're classy and attractive.
    I can imagine that if a grandmother would wear that outfit people would make a remark.

• My girl & her sisters have a couple like the black one my girl and her sisters have only ever had one or 2 nasty comments from a horrible relative who thinks all girls should be like a girl from the from victorian times who is heard but not seen , her remaining family hate her and me , my partners sisters husbands were furious when she effectively called my girl and her lovely sisters sluts i took 45 mintutes to cheer my girl up afterwards and her sisters got comfort from their partners.

at the end of the day if its like @BellePepper says as long as its not too short and looks pretty/cute have fun and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

• I don't see anything Inappropriate about lace but those skirts don't grab my attention. The one in the middle is best out of the three.

• I love the second one and I don't think they're inappropriate at all. As long as the top part is modest as well but overall it looks good!

• Yay thanks :D

• Wearing it*

• Who knows.. maybe the guy will be there :O
      He'll look over and notice your lace skirt and then you'll start to blush... before we know it, you're in love :P

• It really depends on the length but to me none of them look inappropriate. It kinda depends on what the other people are wearing too. Like how revealing you are in comparison to the other girls at the event if that makes sense.

• i'd say "not my thing basically"

sorry ! :-/

• :) no problem~ thank you for your honest opinion though :P

• depends on the other pieces of clothing accomodating the skirt.

• The middle one seems fine for a formal event/work since it is longer then the other two and paired with a nice blouse.

• Yeah :) the middle one is okay with formal wear:D thank you

• I don't think so.. It isn't like their asses are showing or anything.

• Yes the last one looks inappropriate for a professional environment. Even the first two. Yes lace like that is not very professional

• The top one looks like a slip, the bottom one is too short for work and the middle one is fine but would seem odd if you wore the same type of thing a lot.

• I think they look pretty and classy as long as they aren't super short.

If they are really short, then they become pretty hot!!!

• I find that very classy and very attractive, right up my alley in terms of what I like on a women.

• oh i like those skirts!
    i think they are inappropriate if they are too short

• I wouldn't consider those styles as inappropriate. If they didn't have the built-in backing, or slip under, it could very well be night club wear...

• Just cross those legs and you'll be fine!

• They're actually more cute than anything. Maybe a little sexy. Depends on how the woman carries herself.

• I think it looks fine. I dont know how someone could see that as inappropriate.

• doesn't look inappropiate to me

• not inappropriate, but not necessarily sexy either.

• I personally don't see anything wrong with them... I think they're sexy!

• I'd say that really depends on the occasion or the events.

• They're cute. Nothing slutty about them. Wear what you feel is custom for the occasion.

• No, I think they look nice

• For the love of god don't stop.

• No. Why would they say that?

• Sexy it would get my attention, but that's fashion for you.

• It looks aight mei

• I dont think they look inappropriate, They look fantastic, and sexy xd :D

• They are not inappropriate at all :)

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 15

• i think they are gorgeous. any lace piece attracts my attention, i have tonnes in my wardrobe lol, but i believe what makes or breaks a skirt is its length. i prefer skirts at the knee, slightly below or slightly above it.

• As long as they're not as short, they're a super cute style. If it's a formal event your hemline should at least touch the top of your knees.

• they are not that short :D I have short one like the last one.. but yeah most of them aren't that short :)

• The last one is a really pretty color, but it is really short.

• Whoever told you that those sorts of skirts are 'inappropriate' needs to seriously lighten up. They're perfectly fine to wear for work, formal events or anything for that matter. I think they're lovely personally - decide for yourself what you're comfortable wearing and what you like/what suits you. Don't let other people dictate your dress.

• I do not consider them inappropriate.

• I think length n the way you wear it come into play but a lace skirt can b done up classy professionally n playfully, just depends on the whole ensemble right down to shoes n jewelry

• I think they look ok. Just last one maybe a bit short? I imagine, sitting with etc...
    I do not see any problem about the rest.

• Beautiful I love lace, not inappropriate unless very thin lace and short skirt other than that its really pretty

• I don't think they are inappropriate as long as you can't see through the lace. The pics you have a very classy looks. Paired with a nice blouse and minimal jewelry would look very nice

• is your family conservative?

*for work they're fine - 3rd one is probably too short for the workplace though
    *all three would be good for formal events

• yes my family is conservative.. especially about how I dress

• :) yeah I think 3rd one is too short hehe :P thank you for your opinion

• I think they're really pretty! It depends on who wears them though lol, on you it would look classy :-)

• Not at all. I'm not a fan of lace clothing but those skirts are adorable and completely appropriate :) sexy but not too sexy or suggestive

• They are very cute! I think they make the wearer look girl rather than sexy. Of course the top shouldn't be revealing but other than that very cute!

• I like them!

• If they're not sheer, of course, they are fine

• As long as it's long enough (reaches the knees), then it's appropriate to wear.