Are you ready to dress for summer?

Ladies i have a fashion question what looks better on a man?

• cargo shorts
  • jean shorts
  • khaki shorts

Most Helpful Guy

• I am COMMITTED to warm weather clothes now. It got up in the 60s last week and I was like "that's it... shorts all the time now." Then it was back in the 30s yesterday and we got sleet/snow the night before and I had to wear jeans again, haha. But there were a couple days in between that were like 45 and cloudy, and I was undeterred, I went with the shorts, haha. Mid-60s today, but rainy, but I'm going with shorts again.

I was wrestling with the cargo shorts these last couple years. 10 years ago I wouldn't have been caught dead in anything BUT cargo shorts. Then Superbad came out and Jonah Hill had that line "no one's gotten a handjob in cargo shorts since 'Nam."😆 From there it seemed like the world turned on cargo shorts, at least vocally, but I'd still see them EVERYWHERE, so I was confused. Then I heard someone say cargo shorts are for lame soccer dads, haha, and that blew my mind. I think guys our age just kept wearing them from ten years ago, and the style didn't get old, WE DID, haha. Young, cool guys from ten years ago are today's old, lame soccer dads, at least to the younger kids. But I still see them everywhere, on guys of all ages. So I really don't know.

Where I'm from, jeans shorts are DEFINITELY a no-go. But between khaki and cargo, I think it's back to being a toss-up. The thing with cargos is that they have to be just right. You can't have huge pockets with Velcro and all types of little sub-pockets, like you'd get at walmart or something. I went with non-cargos this year. I bought cargos for last summer, and maybe it's just the voices in my head, but they just didn't feel right. So I just bought a bunch of plain khaki ones at American Eagle, which I'd recommend for shorts if you're like me and can't imagine wearing these 1980s NBA length shorts I'm seeing around these days😂, and you want something that goes to your knee, like a non-psychopath😆 Go with the "longboard" ones. Incidentally, in AE stores, there's more cargo than non-cargo, so...

• ... maybe the ban has been lifted on cargo shorts. The Cargo Embargo, if you will, haha. I think you could get away with either, I'd just check them out for yourself and see what you like better.👍

• Lmao!!! Yeah definitly knee length i dont need the ol twig and berries falling out on those girly short shorts lol

• Check these out, like halfway down the page, the 12" Longboard...
      m.ae.com/web/browse/category.jsp?catId=cat5180435

I bought this style, in this color, light khaki, navy, stone blue (which looks gray), and a plaid pair that's white with navy and light blue striping. They have them in cargo too for most of those colors if you prefer those.
      m.ae.com/.../03_144_365_longboard.jpg

What Girls Said 7

• LOL I read something that was like guys shouldn't judge girls on what they wear, because they'll wear ugly shit like khaki's and a polo.

Cargo shorts <3.

• Going summer clothes shopping today actually lol

Also to answer your question, jean shorts never look okay on dudes.

• CARGO shorts.

• Yes I've updated my wardrobe from my winter to summer clothes

• jean shorts. the other options always look awful.

• Dressing for Autumn where I'm at lol

• I'm dressing for autumn where I live but it's gonna be winter soon. Summer's already gone

What Guys Said 3

• fuck yeah d00d. bionic armor for me, only by #Alpinestars
    www.rideadv.com/.../...stars%20Bionic%20Jacket.jpg
    @misscoffeehead get on this level son

• Lmfao alright dad! I get your drift.

That armour there would make me look so stocky though :/

• @misscoffeehead do they provide any grip?

• It's soft on the top, and on the other side, yeah they have grip

• Don't come from a hot country so don't really know shorts but googled a few images and cargo look most comfortable.

• Dude put results so we can see the results