What hairstyle would look best on me?

My hair has always been so bland- I have tried volumizing it but I don't think I am doing it right ha. Curling my hair makes it look a bit better, but my hair is naturally straight and thin (being a redhead) so it won't hold curl. If I put too much product in to volumize it or to hold curl, it gets way too heavy and oily :(

http://tinypic.com/r/2co0xn6/8

Cut it to shoulder length? Let it grow out more and layer it? A different colour? What would help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same hair. It behaves in the same way and it never holds a curl.
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT layer it. That won't give you volume, but take it away. Literally, it means thinning your hair - makes no sense for someone who already has thin hair.
    Layering is only a good idea if you are planning on blowdrying it and styling it every single day - which no one of normal mind will waste their time on every day! O. o

So, yes, cut it to a blunt bob. I'd say it will look amazing on you. You can grow out the fringe or keep it, it's up to you really - what you like more. =)
    But yes, having a bob will make your hair lighter and will make it a bit more voluminous - as long as you keep it that way. ^-^

• Thank you! I have had no luck layering it, but have always been told by people that layers help... but it only works for them! At least I know I'm not the only one :P

• Thank you for the MHO! =)

Yep, go with a blunt cut - gives a lot more volume than layers. ^.^

What Guys Said 1

• The link doesn't work. All I can say is that hair is probably the most important thing to me in a woman's appearance. For me it has to be long and smooth enough to put my hands through.
    If you curl it just make sure it doesn't get to the point where nobody can touch it without getting their hands trapped.

What Girls Said 4

• I personally think it looks pretty cute now. But if you want to change then aim for layers, layers, layers. If you reduce the length it will also reduce the weight. That will give your hair more volume and potential for waviness. Try to get layers that will frame your face and highlight your eye area.

• i think it looks nice like that, but i can see how you'd get bored with it. you could cut it to shoulder length and add a few layers. even dying it a different color would change it up too. a dark auburn-y brown color would look good on you.
    you could try using a sea salt spray for your hair, to add texture. a lot of people use sea salt spray when they do beachy waves. ^_^

blog.freepeople.com/.../beforeandafter.jpg

• Next time you go to the hair dresser look at their books of hairstyles. I do it all the time, even if Im not getting a hair cut

• Go bald...