Ladies, do you Like high waisted jeans or pants?

Heaven help me the high waist is back in fashion for ladies jeans and pants! Seems like fashion always does a retro look every 20yrs.

• Love them!
  • No thanks!
Damn, I must be getting old... looks like the ladies like them! 😻

Most Helpful Guy

• I find this such an odd fashion. This is something that comes back into fashion from time to time, and it is always a weird case that highlights how different men and women can view the same thing. A lot of women I know think they look great wearing them, and think other women look great wearing them. Almost every guy I know thinks they look terrible. So it is one of those things where I want to say 'wear whatever makes you feel good!'... but in this case in particular, they need to be aware that wearing whatever makes them feel good can really make a lot of guys get turned off. Now, I know that women shouldn't wear things just to turn guys on, obviously. But they should at least be aware that what they are doing is having the opposite effect to what they want, so they can make a more informed choice.

• Agreed, the point in fashion is to be appealing while feeling good as well. ( in my opinion )

• lol, yeah. Fashion is about feeling good, looking good, and looking appealing. Not all clothes have to be 'fashion', per se. And yes, Birkenstocks are a perfect example. So are Crocs.

The early numbers on your poll seem to reflect this too. Every guy that has answered says they don't like them, but most women answering do. So strange.

• Crocs... never got it with those, but they make great pool shoes.

What Guys Said 5

• Very unattractive

• yeah i love the high waisted jeans
    they really can accentuate a woman's shape

• They only actually look good on very thin women with no hips. They create the illusion of having hips.

Most women don't need to look fatter.

• High waisted jeans make a girls butt look kind of weird. Low rise is much better looking

• They're brutal for women with smaller flatter butts!

• Agreed. And the way it makes the back look like part of their butts, is just not attractive (you know what i mean?)

• Oh I know what you mean! They don't suit me at all. Makes my butt look long and flat!

• So hot, love it

What Girls Said 26

• 4|0
    • Not for me but if you like them go for it! 👍

• Lol thanks. It's Goofy. He lifts his head and talks when the phone rings. And he's asleep when it's silent.

• Or is that Pluto?

• It's not my style. Reminds me of "Mom Jeans".

• Ugg, that hurt, LOL ( I feel old 😜 )

• Lol I didn't mean to offend!

• Oh, I know! I was just being silly... It's all good :)

• I love them!! Whenever I have a bad body image, I HAVE to wear my high-waisted jeans. They make me feel so much better.

• I like them, but I like low waisted pants jeans better

• For me, it definitely depends on the style. I don't like the kind with the mile-long zipper and the pockets that sit above the curve of your ass. I don't like the way they make my body look. But I've found a few pairs that have multiple buttons at the top, which makes the zipper much shorter, and then the pockets sit where they do on low-rise jeans. So that way I get the flattering pocket placement along with the taller waist to keep my ass from peeking out the top when I sit down.

• I do wear high waisted Jean but rarely, usually it's with a crop top. That way it's not too revealing and I'm not showing too much skin, otherwise no

• No, not really. They usually look bad on short females.
    I prefer low waisted.

• I have always loved vintage fashion. I have some of my grandmother's shorts that are high waist-ed with those big buttons on the front... I love it. I do like the darker tailored high waist pants, too.., makes my legs look extremely long.

But it does depend on body type. Since I am over 5'7" and wear heels, I think it looks nice. I wear regular skinny jeans sometimes, but I usually wear dresses or skirts.

• The pant suits can be very beautiful if tailored well but those jeans just don't do anything for my body. I know those big buttons, love them on pea coats!

• Oh, those are gorgeous! Come to think of it, I guess I don't have any high waist jeans, just the shorts and the tailored black pant.

• I like the low cut the best, theyre my fave! The Erckle days are over lol!

• Fortunately neither exactly floats my boat.

• I like high waisted jeans. Would it suit my figure? I have a pear body shape.

• I like the pants since I have such a short torso they look good on me. As for the shorts, they're cute but, I don't like my butt cheeks popping out when they ride up so, that's a problem.

• I LOVE THEM. They show and embrace my curves and butt nicely

• I like high waisted jeans. They are so comfy 👖✌

• high waisted jeans and short Look ok to me only if the shirt isn't tucked because it accentuates the female body. I absolutely do not like it when the shirt is tucked because it just looks like you decided to give yourself a wedgie with your shorts!

• Nah, not a fan. At all

• High waisted suits me better. I have short legs and a long torso so it helps elongate my legs. I also have an hourglass shape so they help define my waist. Low rise is just too much hip and it looks off to me.

• I don't like them.

• No. I love low rise jeans. It suits me

• Yea I like em too.

• The shorts are kind of cool looking on certain people but I'd only wear them just to hide my love handles.

• I don't like high waitsed shorts but high waisted jeans make legs look longer

• LOVEEEEEEE they make my short stubby legs look longer and my booty pop and generally YES

• I prefer dresses and skirts.

• I love them

• Yea the shorts are really cute too, I feel like it brings out my curves more