Belly Button Rings--?

Okay, I'm turning 16 in a few months, and my mother said I could get my bellybutton pierced. I'm going to get one whatever the answers are, but I'd just like to know-- girls/guys do you think they're trashy? Yes, my stomach is flat, I'm pretty petite too. And I guess I'm ''preppy'' but I'm not a slut or a major party-girl. I don't want to know if you personally like them or whatever, I'd just like to know if you think they look trashy. Plus, I'm not going to wear the dangly kinds, I'm most likely just going to wear gemmed curved barbells.

Most Helpful Girl

• From the day I got mine done I can honestly say I don't regret it.There's nothing to regret and iv had mine done for about 3 years.

I never have dangly ones in mine I only have a little gold flower.

They ain't trasy in my opinion. not if you choose a nice belly bar. Like some girls go over the top by been in competiion with other girls.

There always covered up unless you go swimming obviously. They are nice to look at, and I'm sure some lads will agree. And don't worry it doesn't hurt.

I hope you like it if you get it x

What Guys Said 3

• Nature provided the human body with all the orifices it needs naturally. I'm not a fan of an extra holes. It's not necessarily a turn off for me, but it's not a turn on either. And a belly button piercing alone has never made me think a woman trashy, that would depend on the whole package.

• I dig them. But there are very few piercings I don't like. So long as its in moderation. anything past 10 per ear or some crap looks bad. But belly piercing can look very good, especially with a flat stomach.

Go for it.

• They are hot but I like the dangling ones & you don't. It's your body

What Girls Said 4

• do not get it. I got mine at 16. I'm 27 now. I've had so many problems with the piercing being infected and now I have a ugly scar on my stomach. I regret it so much. I would suggest a tattoo better. they don't hurt and they heal in a week. belly piercings take years to heal and they hurt so bad when infected you have to scream cause of the pain.

• Q A will not believe you. They never do.

• Your right. just trying to help. maybe she can learn from my mistake.

• I'm still getting it done, as I said in the question, but thanks for telling me. I've done my research, and I'm making sure to get a ring made from the right type of material to decrease the risk of infections, and I'm going to make sure to ask questions when I get it done so it won't hopefully get infected. But thanks for letting me know that consideration's needed.

• Well I have mine done, and I just wear the curved barbell. The dangly ones are too much...it screams "look at me" but yeah its a good idea. I've had mine for like 4 years, and I love it. Just keep up with it, keep it clean. It doesn't hurt much to get it done, its kinda like getting your ears pierced...after it heals you can like tug on it and you won't feel anything. And I'm sure guys like the belly piercings, its cute =]

• I got one when I was 16 I love it

• they look okay.