Girls with tattoos!

I wanna get a tattoo but I am afraid people will think I'm trashy!

whats your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you would base your tattoo decisions on what OTHER people think, you probably shouldn't get tattoos. A lot of people do think tattoos are trashy, but there are a lot of people who love them, including myself. So either you can suck it up and do what YOU want to do and what is best for you, whatever that may be, or you can let what other people think of you plague you forever. If someone has enough of a problem with your tattoo that they wouldn't be interested in you, they're not the kind of person you want to waste time on in the first place.

What Guys Said 8

• I am gonna go against the grain here. I love the tattoo style on girls. I am generally more attracted to those that are covered in tats and piercings. Just like someone else said below, Kat Von D is the killz, Brody Dalle - insane, marry her in a minute. This is just my pref, of course.

How people react (if you even care about this) will depend on where the tattoo is, where you live (what country, what part of the country etc.), and your job/career/position in society. All things to consider, but generally I feel people are pretty open (especially where I live).

Best of luck.

• I think tattoos are nasty and I think its like 85% of people wish they had never gotten a tattoo 10 years later. I view it as you don't like your body and that is the cheapest way to what you think of as "improving" your body. I just like the pure factor a tattoo is like a mole no matter the shape or placement it is not attractive. Guys that have tattoos would most likely like to see one on you though.

• as long as it isn't too crazy, we won't really care. What kind of tattoo were you planning on getting?

• I want to get amor vincent omnia on my wrist with a little hearts on the I's

• If you tattooed some garbage on your body, that'd be pretty trashy. I myself don't see the appeal in tattoos but to each their own. If you wish to get one, and it's something you know you can live with for the remainder of your life, I guess go for it.

• Nix the tattoos, if you get a tattoo, you will probably live to regret it later...

• i think as long as its reasonable and in a place were it can be hidden if your wearing a dress or something its ok

for example my wife has a american flag with the eagle in the middle of her back an its fine with me

ive got pow mia an 9/11 both with a picture tatooed on each of my shoulders

• it's a little true actually...tattoos and smoking are pretty good indicators that someone doesn't care about their body too much...

but just pick something tasteful and in a good spot. think "cute" maybe

• I disagree whole heartedly. for some people that may be true. but I have tattoos and I care about my body. and I know other people who are the same way.

• I also totally disagree with you I care about my body and have a tattoo. Now the smoking I agree with.

• nah

What Girls Said 7

• I guess it depends where you place that tattoo on you body, and what tattoo you get. A popular tat that is considered trashy is the "tramp stamp", which already has a negative connotation to it.

If you get something that is meaningful to you, then it most likely wouldn't be seen as trashy, for example, Nicole Richie's tattoo on her ankle, which is of a rosary. That tattoo was most likely meaningful to her, yet it was somewhat playful, and still looked great. So in my opinion, It depends where you get your ink done, and what's the meaning behind it.

• Just get something orginal. If I see one more tribal on the lower back of someone, I'm going to puke! One little neat piece of info for girls, if you do have a lower back tattoo, you should know that you probably will not be able to get an epidural when you have a baby. This means screaming pain during childbirth. Also, the guys my hubby works with calls those 'slut tags' (their words, not mine!)

Tattoos can be beautiful pieces of art if done well by a good artist. Make sure you interview a number of artists and parlours before making your decision. Don't just pick a picture out of a book otherwise you know someone else will have the same tattoo. If you are doing this to assert your individuality, be orginal and make it something that has meaning to you.

• I forget what it is, but in german the direct translation of thie nickname is ass horns! ha

• GET IT! have you seen Kat Von D? She's beautiful, she smart, an entrepreneur, and she is super nice! There is nothing trashy about her and she is 99% covered in tattoos! If you feel that your family and friends won't approve than that's your call. They are the ones that have to look at you, but YOU're the one who is going to wear the tattoo ...FOREVER! So I say girls with tattoos are beautiful but its your decision!

• Wow I don't see why what someone thinks really matters its your body. I have 3, never regretted them for a second.

• Peoplw with tattoos really don't give sh*t that some people don't have/like tattoos. Its kind of a rebellion thing, and I think over 50% of Gen X & Gen Y have tattoos.

• Personally I don't think tatts automatically make you look trashy, it just depends on the design. I've seen a girl with an actual playboy bunny tattoo, I was thinking "white trash" like wtf you'd really put that on your body? Also anything really big tends to look too masculine and could appear trashy on a girl. Tramp stamps = trashy. Just get something not very big and something you can easily hide in case of employment issues, and also make sure it's meaningful. I saw a girl with a tweety bird tatt and I was like "ghetto" lol I'm sure that didn't mean anything to her she just thought it would be cute I guess.

• Honestly, a lot of people find them trashy. But most of these people tend to be very closed-minded. I've found that they're the same kind of people who vote yes on prop 8. So you be the judge.

In MY opinion, I love them. I think they're a great way to express yourself, and some of the artwork out there is gorgeous - plus you only get one life to live. Just make sure that it's something you can be happy with for the entirety of your life (+60 years give or take)...