Are you and Android or and Apple?

Would you switch?

SO I should have made a poll
Results so far Apple=4 Android=11 Both/Either/other=2

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had an iphone 5 for the last 2 1/2 years. I loved my iPad so I figured why not get the smaller version. I had a Droid X before that and I was really unhappy with it.
    I love the iPhone except for the tiny screen and ITUNES which sucks complete ass. I am moving away from iPhone strictly because of iTunes. OTherwise I would get a iPhone 6 plus. I would love to have something about the size of an iPad mini or even the iPad be able to be used as a phone. You can do that if you have another phone with it but I mean on its own.
    ..
    So I went to the verizon store and looked at all the phones. Did it at Sams Club in case I missed any. narrowed it down to 4 phones and did research all day. read all the reviews and user reviews.
    I have decided to go with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I though the note edge looked cool but the edge apps are not worth the extra money. I would go with the iPhone 6 plus if it were not for iTunes.

• I wanted the Note 4 but with my carrier I would have had to pay full price for it and keep my current plan. Got a great deal with getting the iphone 6+ so I went with it.

• Well I am not going to pay $500 - $700 for any phone. and I want to keep from being stuck in a contract so I have the ability to change if I need to. But since I think all the companies screw you equally I doubt I will leave verizon. So my iPhone 5 is still working but it is starting to fail. I still have a warrenty on it but don't want to pay $75 copay again to have it fixed. I figure by the end of the year the Note 4 will be below $350 which is what i am willing to pay.

What Guys Said 31

• I use Android, Windows, and OS X (Mac). In the past I've used devices with iOS. Objectively speaking, they are all user friendly and you really can't go wrong with any of them. Unless you're a developer, it doesn't actually matter which you choose because you're not worried about xcode versus javascript. And if you ARE a developer, you still want to use both because the Android market and the Apple market are both lucrative.

Windows is much better for Office 365. Using the Office suite on Mac just isn't as good.

Mac is much better for aesthetic appeal and ease of use.

Android doesn't feature anything proprietary over iOS that a casual user would really benefit from. That said, my next phone will likely be an iPhone depending on how the next generation of Fire phones pan out.

• I just went with the phone that got the better deal for a plan. You make me feel like I made a good choice and didn't even know it :-)

• We get caught up in comparisons too much. If you stared at the 5K Retina display of a 27'' iMac, you'd see an obvious difference between that and a 2560 x 1440 display. But that's ONLY because you saw 5K. 2560 x 1440 is still a very sharp resolution and you'll be FINE with it. Same goes for these phones.

• The cell phone I have is an Android. The laptop I use is an Apple. The banana I eat is a Dole.

• I prefer Android OS to iOS simply because you have more control over it. With iOS it's too Apple centric and too heavy on Apple just deciding "this is the way it will look and be and you will toe our line because Apple."

And before someone goes oh you can jailbreak and be more free, rooting Android > jailbreaking iOS in terms of what all control you have and what all you can do.

As far as Android though I prefer vanilla Android with xposed mods unless I find a ROM that just has me like wow then I'll go flash that ROM.

• Seems to be Android is the phone of choice for those who want more versatility

• Android

Sure, the apple os is simple and just works, so it would fit nicely for people needing just a phone. But i'm a bit of a technophile, so i make use of the android functions. Currently running kitkat (sony version)

• An Apple a day keeps the doctor away!

www.maclife.com/files/u129772/3D-Apple-full.jpg

• Should have known that would be your answer based on your profile pic ;-)

• Right after you got it?

• @shesAcylon A little after a year but past it's warranty period. My new iPod Touch is heavily insured though.

• techzblog.in/.../android.gif
    Android because it can dance.
    He he...:P

• Screw iPhones and the mirror world, I use Android.

• I've always used Android. I like the layout and everything else more.

• I'm Android. I would think about switching if I thought I'd get better value and if they let you download music free on apple.
    Till they relax that, its android for me.

• Android all the way. I have ipods and stuff. I would never get an iPhone. Just too overrated and overpriced. I would use one if I could get a new one for free lol

• Android. I can manipulate it better than I can with I phone or any other phones. I can download better free games, can play other emulator and so forth, and lastly I can unlock it way easier.

• I think I might switch to Apple when I get my upgrade this summer. The Galaxy 6 won't have a removable battery or SD card anymore.

• When it comes to computers, I'm Apple... period. Windows.. aw hell no.
    When it comes to smartphones, even though I don't own one yet, I'm getting an Android (accessible upgrades).

• I don't use either.

• Even though it takes lot more to keep your Android device "running", I am happy I made the switch. Like a typical tech person, I dislike Apple immensely.

• Android because those phones are cheaper. There is always a risk of a terrible construction (Xperia Sola after 4.0.4 update) and iPhones have longer service lives but that doesn't make up for the insane price tag in my opinion.

• Appol filler

• I hate phones.

• Do you not have one? Or do you just hate it?

• It's just never appealed to me. Never found them particularly useful or interesting D:

• Interesting. Thank you for the input

• no I'm a human

• I didn't think those existed anymore lol

• Do you use a cell phone?

• but to answer your question I have Android phones.
      I don't think I would change as it's what I know now and people are always afraid of what's different

• I have both products but i think android is a lot better than apple... in a lot of ways..

• i use android for my phone, but I've got an apple computer

• Android 17 + Android 18 + Imperfect Cell

• Android its fun and its open source

• I'm bitextual

I go either way. Right now I'm Apple

• android ftw, i have a sony xperia z3, had an 2 iphones over the past 4 years, absolute crap they are

• I have an android and I wouldn't switch because I'm too lazy to learn a new operating system

• Team Droid FTW

• I like apple. I'll probably keep getting their phones if I ever need one

• Used an Android then apple and then I learnt my lesson
    Soo android is the best :D

• I always using android cuz the game. lol

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 14