Telling a girl she is beautiful.

I'm 18 and haven't ever had a girlfriend or really flirted/expressed myself to the opposite sex. I just feel that it's a bit of an over-whelming task to become friends with a girl, talk to her, keep her interested, gauge her feelings toward me and time when I should make a move, at least it is for me because I'm not very experienced talking to girls.

I think I look quite attractive, I've been complimented on my looks by some attractive girls quite lately (though most of them are already in relationships), so that has given me some confidence but not enough to go through the process listed above.

I've recently met an amazing girl, we haven't spoken that much, but she's in one of my classes so that makes it easier, now rather than going through the whole process, would it be wrong for me to just tell her that I think she looks beautiful and see what happens from there?

I just think if I get some courage together and go for it, then it might lead onto something else if she's remotely interested in me. Would this be a bit over the top considering we don't know each other that well, or would she appreciate the confidence and then the ball is in her court on what happens from there?

This came out a bit longer than I expected, so sorry for that.

Would really appreciate the opinions of girls on how they'd react to someone doing this.

Or males who have done this and how it went.

Most Helpful Girl

• do you know her that well at all? have you spoken to her one on one or had a conversation with her? If I was being told I was beautiful straight out I would think it was sweet but a little weird if I hardly knew the guy. If she's in your class why not in class one day just talk to her, maybe if she is talking to a group of people join in the discussionn and then subtly aim questions directly at her. If she has made a noticable difference to her appearance then comment on it, for example 'have you dyed your hair? it looks really nice' girls appriciate it when people notice little things like that. if there is a social event going on with people in the class then maybe ask her if she's going or invite her with you guys? she might not say yes straight away or she may be busy but it will show you have thought about it. there is so many ways you can start a conversation with her its just having the confidence to do it. after a dew conversations maybe you could then tell her she is beautiful. don't say straight out your beautiful maybe say you look really beautiful today, or that top looks beautiful on you... sort of thing. if your looking to date this girl then friendship is the first step. so work towards that first :) good luck.

What Girls Said 8

• First of all, talking to a girl and expressing yourself isn't overwhelming. You are telling yourself it is, which is why you feel that way. Tell yourself something different next time. She's a human being just like you are, no need to freak out over it. And unless you express yourself, you aren't going to keep a girl interested at all. What you look like pales in comparison to your approach. If you aren't confident and don't believe in yourself, neither will she. It takes a lot more than looks to keep women interested (they aren't men, hahaha). My advice to your girl in class is to compliment her casually. Don't make a big deal about it, when you walk into class greet her with a compliment about something she's wearing or a general "You look nice today" type of comment to plant in her mind that you are interested in some fashion. See how she responds to that. You don't have to ask her out right there, you can do it after seeing her a few more times, but at least you've cued her in to the fact that it's coming. Then you can both be more relaxed about it. However don't procrastinate, there's no guarantee she is going to wait around with that many other options at school and people who will just go right up to her and express themselves. Build up your confidence and do it. If she's talking to you, then she obviously appreciates you in some fashion, you have nothing to lose either way.

• ok well if it was me that this was happening to...it really depends if she likes you or not...i don't think that I would pull out the beautiful thing yet, I would start small just getting to kno her...maybe invite her on a few group "dates" with a few of your friends then if she seems to start liking you then you could say that...this is just my opinion...if she seems to even be your friend and enjoy talking to you...then you could say that...we always appreciate compliments lol

• If she were interested in you, she'd probably fall head over heels. I have yet to be called "beautiful" outright by a guy I wasn't already dating. I would be ecstatic. You're a sweet guy and I hope this works out for you!

• Well, I must say that every girl likes a confident guy, but don't just randomly blurt it out. Before you do anything at least make a little small talk so she doesn't think you're creepy. Also, watch how she reacts to you first, that's one of the best indicators of when you should say it. Probably the best time to say it would be just to slip it into a conversation. Don't make it the focus of the conversation, but make it meaningful and whatever you do don't say it anywhere near a joke. That will make her think you don't actually mean it.

• i would love for an attractive guy to tell me I am beautiful(: I think it is one of the sweets things you can say, but I don't know . that's just me personally. but good look ! hope you get the girl.

• Hey well it really depends on the girl. I know personally, if a cute guy said that to me I would be shocked.. but it would be very flattering also lol. But if you don't want to take the chance that she might get freaked out. I say talk to her more, hangout and then compliment her from there.

• If you think you look attractive you probably are to someone. All I have to say is

- talk to the girl.

- talk to lots of girls.

- don't tell her she's BEAUTIFUL, but you can say more subtle things like "your hair looks nice today" or "I really like that shirt." Talk to her about anything really, the class, the weather, ask her how she is, anything.

- eventually ask her out for coffee or lunch. She'll let you know if she's interested.

Seriously though, just talk to her, the worst is she can not like you, but there are probably plenty of girls out there want you. It's not that bad.

Fear can only stop you if you let it, dude.

• it sort of depends on her personality. but I would say go for it because most girls absolutely love being told they are beautiful. start there and then see what her reaction is. if it looks good and you all talk some more then maybe you can see if sometime she would like to hang out like go to a movie or maybe even study together for ur class. one time a guy wrote his number on a piece of paper and gave it to me, saying to text him if I ever needed help. I didn't need help but I texted him! haha. girls, at least me and most of my friends, like guys that are confident and outgoing.

What Guys Said 3

• If you can't do it face to face, then write to her of a note like this: I think your beautiful and I would like to talk to you after class. Is that ok?

Just make it simple note. don't give anything yet until you spoken to her and talk about you, like hobbies or fav. colors, foods, tv shows, movies, and ect. Simple stuff man. why do this? well it will get you into the habit of talking to girls. If you can't to the simple stuff then its going to be hard to get a relationship right? Even if you don't win her heart at least you tried and got some experience with a girl and the more you do it. the more you feel better talking around women and when you do feel good and more confident around women then we can talk about relationships.

• Sounds like you have a case that is easy to break. I wouldn't straight up tell her that she's beautiful. First off, that sounds a bit overwhelming coming from a complete stranger. I would rather see you just make more and more small talk with her and then ask her out to go do something. This could be tricky if you are not old enough to drive. But before anything gets started to the point that you are out with her. Try to make more small talk. Put yourself out there. Do compliment her on things you notice that she is go at. for example, if you two are working in a group, tell her she has beautiful writing. or that you love the way she has so much passion about a certain subject. Also if you see her in the hall, stop and say hi. ask her how her day is going? make it apparent that you are indeed interested. then make your move and ask her out

• 0|0