Is it tomboyish for a girl to wear jeans rather then a dress?

I know a guy who things that women should not wear jeans or pants because he says "If a woman wears pants she must be a lesbian, men wear pants women wear dresses."
I think this is bullshit because the fashion of the jeans they wear is different. That and jeans look better on a woman then a dress if she has a good body it will complement it.
Does anyone agree with this guy?

• It is tomboyish for a girl to wear jeans.
  • It is not tomboyish for a girl to wear jeans.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Guy

• nah jeans looks sexier in girls anyway basically

What Girls Said 9

• If women have to wear dresses to not be tomboys, then why does everyone on the planet own pants of some kind? There's more to being a tomboy than wearing jeans, just like there's more to being girly than wearing dresses. Tell your friend he's being pretty narrow-minded :/

• Tomboyish is not just a dressing style, it's about the attitude and behaviour, because, lots of girly girls wear jeans, but they are surely not tomboys.
    But it's not a bad thing if some girl is tomboyish, lots of guys like such girls ;)

• What century was he born in? Hasn't he looked around, everyone wears jeans. Gender hardly matters in fashion.

• Its in fashion these days

• all people wear jeans but to me if they all beat up and ugly with holes all in them then yes, but not all girls that wear jeans are a tomboy

• tell him I really wish he was right I really do :'(

• Not really. Now, if they were wearing a backwards hat then thats more tomboyish.

• It's not tomboyish. I love my jeans and I'm def not a tomboy

• No, it is not tomboyish

What Guys Said 9

• Who ever said that to you is a closed minded person. That sounds like something an old timer would come off with. Wearing a pair of jeans or slacks has absolutely no bearing on a woman's sexual prefrence or orientation what so ever in my opinion

• Hell no. I think jeans are the sexiest thing a girl can wear.

• Not for me. Nice pair of jeans + great ass = golden!

• Yeah. It is a thing of beauty.

• 90% of women wear jeans often. It's not Tom boyish at all

• Ya girls should wear dresses and skirts and cute panties. You guys are the bottoms that's why you have to look cute. Sorry for the bad news.

• Not at all! There are different styles of jeans and the whole outfit changes the look.

• Your guy friend is either a moron or just winding you up. Possibly both.

• Yes, it's tomboyish, but I love tomboyish girl in jeans ;-)

• Of course, tomboyish girls are not "lesbians", that's just bullshit.

• Jeans can be sexy on a girl! So I agree that's bullshit.