Like, Who does this?

I swear I'm so ready to graduate. i wear a sweater & jeans to school. their responce is my undergarment is showing, and my jeans are EXCESSIVELY "too" tight & snug fitting. Wtf? now im sitting in ISSP. Why are there even dresscodes?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dress codes are usually put in place to avoid distractions, bullying, etc. Such as "rich" kids can afford the latest fashions, but "poor" kids only get used clothing. You can easily tell who is who, and the "poor" kids get picked on because of it.

• you're calling me poor?

• FYI - I fully agree that if a boy comes to class with his pants pulled down and boxers showing, then he should be made to either pull them up or leave.

• Glad I could help you understand :)

What Guys Said 4

• you're distracting me with the booty what Fleece Johnson once said Booty is more important than drinking water

• Old people running the schools get offended by this stuff. Dress code is really to make the adults more comfortable, cause the kids don't care.

• No one truly knows why there is a dress code. I guess it's what the adults say is inappropriate (they hate) . You should dress in what ever makes you comfortable.

• How is your underwear showing if you have a sweatshirt on

• Nooo, under"garment" my bra strap. & she says the pants are to tight because she seen my underwear line , why the freak she looking that hard anyway?

• And depending on your age change the style lol

• lol, okay.

What Girls Said 3

• Like, Who does this?
    Possibly people who fear a 'provocatively' dressed gal will distract the guys. I find quite a lot of people think guys are too easily distracted and gals need to dress less 'provocatively' so guys can focus on school.

Or probably people who think a gal's self respect and how much respect to give her ties into how much she sexually expresses herself. I. e no to little expression means she has self-respect and deserves respect.

Why are there even dresscodes?
    Likely to as a way to prevent male authority figures, male teachers, and male students from sexualizing gals. Plus the bonus of fostering school community and dissuading popularity/cliches/economic conflicts ala how you dress.

• the sweater just has one shoulder showing and i dont think nothing wasa wrong with my jeans but thanks though !:)

• First I thought you meant your peers teased you about this but you meant dress code. Yeah I totally feel you don't worry you are not alone! I once got dress code for wearing gym shorts. It was because they were "too short" because your arms should not be longer than you shorts even though I have very short arms and they did not pass my shorts!!

• i know! they have the MOST ignorant rules!

• What sucks the most is if you live in the south like me and it is always so freaking hot!

• i live in the south also! & it really is like what they expect us to do? we're young they want us to come all dressed up like its winter or something? if they im about to do that. they crazy!

• Mainly because America still operates on in Loco parentis- which is basically 'In place of the parents'. Meaning our schools still operate in the ways of the 1700's where teachers acted like your parents and delivered punishments and such. I'm an elementary ed major and one of my classes was History of American Ed and we discussed all of this, and it actually violates your rights as a student. If I were you, I would try to talk to someone about it and get documentation. Schools continue to do stuff like this because people don't know what is acceptable and what is not.