Was this a racist comment or what?

I had on a highwasted mini skirt looked more like a dress, & boots. This girl comes up to me & said she liked my outfit, & that i looked like a white girl with it on. why did she say this?

Most Helpful Girl

• lol not sure it this guy is trying to be funny or is totally ignorant

What Guys Said 4

• No, you know when people say the typical White girl drinks Starbucks Coffee, wears Yoga Pants etc. Nobody takes that seriously, so I think it was just an extension of that.

• Because for some odd reason... black females seem to dress more boyish... at least in my area :/ I'm trying to switch my girl over form skater shoes, jeans, and tees to more of a hippie chick style... she never had those types of clothes and was more boyish in school due to it and became use to it

• ew no i would never dress like a boy, and yes that is true majority do

• Yes it seems like that lol;she meant maybe you seem like a white one so it is..

• Are you white by any chance?

What Girls Said 6

• That is kind of racist. Tell her she acts like another race too? Or don't... Cause then you'd be on her level.

• It's racist. She's objectifying and stereotyping White women. She's probably a nice enough person and she probably doesn't even realize that she's doing it, but that is what she's doing.

• I don't think so...

• are you a white girl?

• nope.

• i was with a couple other white friends so i guess she felt it wouldn't offend me, but i just smiled and said thanks.

• yeah. Maybe it's best not to worry about it. I'm sorry <33

• Yea that's racist lol.
    She probably meant you look like a white girl stereotype haha

• You have to remember, some people are simply kind idiots. They mean well, but most of the stuff that comes out of their mouths is wavering crap :(