Why do some girls to choose not wear any kind of makeup unless its a formal event?

I am aware that some girls look very beautiful without makeup and that others look very unattractive without makeup.

Most Helpful Girl

• Makeup really doesn't improve my appearance enough for it to be worth it. It takes time to apply and it costs money to buy it. When it's hot out, your makeup can melt and start dripping off your skin (this has happened to me, several times, and yes, I did buy high-quality makeup back when I used to wear it. ) It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that a simple cost-benefit analysis for me shows that it really isn't worth it. I'll do mascara and lip gloss because those are easy, cheap, and they do help my appearance somewhat. But foundation, blush, eyeshadow, etc? Doesn't really make me look that much better. I don't even wear makeup for formal events. I just don't think it's worth it.

I hate being told that this makes me lazy, because what does it make the girls who spend hours perfecting their makeup so that guys will like them? Guys should like you for who you are, not how much paste you put on your skin! Makeup is a lie. Makeup makes you appear to have a perfect complexion when you don't. Girls are told we have to wear makeup when it really doesn't matter that much.

• If make up is a lie, then I guess any sort of improvement in looks is a lie. including wearing flattering clothing, dying your hair, or wearing nail polish lol. why take care of yourself at all? I mean , guys should like you for who you are. even if who you are is a person who doesn't take care of herself.

• Just cause I don't wear makeup doesn't mean I "don't care care of myself." I style my hair, wear clothes appropriate to my body type, and practice good hygiene. But I don't wear makeup, go to tanning beds, wear false nails, or dye my hair. I am who I am. Makeup just doesn't fit my personality, and my complexion is just fine without it, so why waste my time? I can spend time on other things that will improve my appearance and attitude more than makeup will.

• Excellent Response and I agree with all of what you said.

What Girls Said 15

• Well, this is exactly me. I don't wear make-up at all unless there is some special event. The reason I DON'T wear make-up is first of all the time watch! I can't find the time to apply make up since I have less then 30 mins to get ready. Being said that, I don't bother with make - up. Secondly, make up on daily bases isn't comfortable for me only because of my own insecurities. I would constantly worry about how well I have everything right, or something like " I hope I don't have a cake line of foundation" and I would constantly compare my "face look" with other girls. It may sound crazy but that's just me.

Another reason to why I don't wear make up on daily basis is that I want to look different on the days I DO wear make up. It just makes you stand out on those "special occasions"

Plus, I am not a make-up expert. I can play around with it but I end up messing up something and then it just looks like crap. So point be taken, I am a make - up noob.

Other then that, mainly, even if I did wear make - up... its too much hassle for me. Why? because I have no time to go to the ladies room to make sure everything is squeaky clean and fresh. Thats just not me... so the easiest way for me to avoid that hassle is to NOT wear make up at all :)

And don't get me wrong, I think make up is awesome... I just don't give top much crap about it lol only because I look great without it... but if I were to take the risk and put myself out there... I'd have to say that I look amazing with make up on... I just need to be more confident about it in public. lol

• Mmm. make-up takes time and effort and money and a bit of basic technique (if you don't want to look cheap or pathetic). So I think there are a lot of factors at work other than caring about looking good & wanting to impress.

When I have time I have a appearance routine that involves blowdrying my hair and doing my make up. But depending on the amount of time I have and where I'm going/what I'll be doing, I make judgments as to how much effort it is worth. There are people, places, times I care to make a good impression and others where I feel less effort is necessary. Rumor has it I'm an 8, lol. so while I feel better wearing make up, I don't feel like I need it and it is not my top priority during exam periods, when I'm in a hurry, when I'm running to the dep (convenient store) or going to do something sporty/active.

Even if all out make up and hair styling would take me maybe like 30min, that adds up to a lot of lost sleep time, play time, study time etc and sometimes the other aspects of my life take priority over my appearance!

• Simply because some girls have no idea how to apply make-up in the first place. Sometimes if she wears sports, it can be difficult to keep make-up looking good and fresh. So you definitely have to consider what kind of lifestyle a girl has. Sometimes girls are lead to believe that make-up makes you look "fake" and "skanky", again, this is because they have no idea how to apply make-up so it looks natural (does a good job of enhancing a girl's already natural features). Choosing correct make-up is a difficult task to handle: what color will look good? What make-up is good for my skin type/tone? What kind of make-up is good for the day? How about at night? - Do you see how it can get complicated! Once a girl introduces herself to the world of make-up it becomes easier. Make-up is something that one learns to understand how to use appropriately. Interesting question coming from a guy.

• Personally I'm one of those girls that doesn't wear make up unless its for a special event. Its not that I'm lazy its just that I don't need make up to be sure of myself, or to feel that I'm pretty. Make up is more like a pleasure not something that should be used excessively every day. Make up its part of just being a girl but not to be used to increase self esteem or to look pretty because eventually when they take off that make up their true physical appearance will appear, and sometimes its not a pretty one. HAHA but yea I don't like to wear make up unless its for something special as well I find that girls are way prettier without it.

• some girls think that guys prefer natural beauty. other girls just feel like applying makeup every morning. it's easier to go fresh-faced.

• I've worn makeup twice in my life--in the 7th grade for a school play, and last year for prom.

I don't even know how to apply makeup for the most part (my cousin does it for me), so it's not worth the effort. Plus I have sensitive skin and I don't know if I'll have a reaction to something. And there's just so much to choose from, I would have no idea what to buy.

• I always wear make-up and I think those who do not are just too lazy to do it. I heard some arguments that it's more comfortable to go without make up. Living in a society, you have to tolerate some discomfort. Otherwise, people wouldn't shower or groom. Where do you draw the line? Putting on make up makes a real difference and only takes 5-15 minutes with practice. It shows that the girl has respect for herself as well as the people who have to look at her.

• Not necessarily. While some women wear makeup and take care of themselves because they respect themselves, there are also women who wear it because they're insecure.

Likewise, some women don't wear makeup, because they respect themselves and love themselves for who they are, while some women don't wear it because they don't care about themselves at all.

I don't wear it, and it's not because I'm lazy. It's because 1) it's expensive and 2) I don't need makeup to feel good enough for people.

• Well like me I don't wear make up all the time I only wear it sometimes. I think that some girls wear it sometimes mostly on formal events because people notice the difference & you look different. But if you wear make up all the time people won't notice a change. When I wear make up that's mostly when I'm going on a date or something big people actually notice and say I look cuter & different and they say I should wear make up more cause it looks cute on me.

• If they say you should wear make up more because it looks cute on you, why don't you?

• Well I don't wear make up all the time because sometimes I don't have time,maybe the weather is not right like if its rainy,sometimes make up makes my skin break out but it only happened one,it takes time to remove,sometimes the eye liner gets in my eyes by mistake & it makes my eye red & one I got an infection. Those are my reason maybe be some off why other girls don't.

• Some women (like myself) don't wear makeup because it's "not them". It doesn't fit some women's personalities. I think that is what it essentially boils down to. (I seriously feel like a drag queen when I use makeup! )

• It def depends on my mood and if I want to take the time to get ready. Some days, especially for school, I am extremely busy and I usually don't have time to get ready. However, if I haven't dressed up or if I want to cover something up, I'll try to use make up. Plus, I work at a comestic counter and on my days off, I just don't want to put make up on.

• Time, skill, need or desire.

Why should we have to wear makeup anyway? Why do some guys wear nice clothes all the time and others not?

• It's just that some like to wear makeup and others don't. It's really simple. I wear makeup, my best friend refuses because she doesn't feel she looks good to it. My brothers ex girlfriend never wore makeup because her mother never taught her how to put it on, so she just never bothered with it.

• yes, every day! lol

• Personally, the amount of makeup varies with the seasons. In the winter I'm more motivated to take the time and apply it. Although, in the summer time I'd rather not just to have half of it run from sweat and the heat. I've been told I'm very pretty without makeup and have nice skin, so it doesn't phase me too much to walk out without it on. Really what it comes down to is if I have time and how much it's worth it. Running to the store? Probably not. Going out on a date? Probably will. Money does play a little part too. I don't always have $15 for mascara.

• Some girls feel that it takes too much time and effort. I used to be like that but with practice, I've learned that make up is an art and once you master it, you can do it in 15 minutes and it does improve the appearance a lot. I've managed (through practice, reading a lot tips/articles and tv shows) to learn the skill of putting make up on in a way that it looks like I don't have any on but look really good. Yeah, I apply a bit more here and there when I'm going to an event but for work or just hanging out the other way is the right way to go.

Other girls are just tomboys and hate make up or are plain lazy.

Then there's a group who feels that wearing make up to event is the right thing to do because you look different and if you wore make up every day then no one would see a change in you. To me, this isn't accurate because like I said, once you learn the skill you realize the different techniques of applying make up for various occasions so you don't look the same all the time.

Make is fun. But then. I'm a girly girl so yeah lol

• Yeah I wholeheartedly agree. If you are a good make up artist, you can have a myriad of different looks and everyone will notice the difference. Daytime make up is not the same as night time black tie event make up

• I think for most girls make up is intimidating. Especially if you are not around it alot.. Like before my make up job, I never used make up because I didn't really know anything about it. Soe of the responses are saying that if you wear make up everyday, It will make special occasions less impactful, but that is only true if you never vary the amount of make up you wear. Your day and night look can look completely different.

What Guys Said 2

• If a girl is pretty without make-up, I think it's better to show off the natural beauty than to wear makeup. There's a definite attraction to a girl who is gorgeous without having to doll herself up. Plus, it's low maintenance (good for both the girl and her boyfriend)

• Make-up is pain in the ass to wear, especially when your making out with a chick and your find their face on your shirt