Is it ok to use mascara that is a year old?

I have a few high end mascaras that are a year old and I dont to spend a lot of money on a new one. They say that you should throw out your mascaras when you use it for 3 months. Should I continue to use it if it's a year old or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Drop the mascaras, they might irritate your eyes. The point of mascara is to make your eyes look good, not red and swollen. Also, it's not worth it to buy high end mascaras. All mascaras are just black gooey liquid. A 10 euro mascara is fine and the result is the same with the high end ones.

What Guys Said 1

• I saw on the doctors that its not a good idea.

What Girls Said 5

• nope it ain't safe!!! eyes are very sensitive organs and on the packaging of most mascaras it is said that it can last up to 6 months only!!!
    bunbunmakeuptips.com/.../...ould-You-Keep-Them.jpg

• It is fine.

• If it's more than a year I don't suggest it. They tell you 3 months on the package but That's also probably so you have to buy more. So I say a year

• I usually use old mascara's of course people are going to tell you to buy a new one but hell I can only afford when I can apparently.

• No it's not safe and whoever says its ok is an idiot. Your eyes are two important to be sticking gone off makeup on them.