Do you think this shoe is appropriate for work?

Im going on work experience soon, I asked my dad if I could get this shoe for my work experience he said no. On my work experience im working in a shool as a teaching assinst. He said no because I might have to chase after young children. He also said it wasn't appropriate because its a heel and no one else would be wearing a heel that tall. I'm still at school and I know some teachers wear heels. I disagree and I think its perfectly okay, what do you think? This is the link to the shoe: http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-mesh-panel-pointed-heels-_322137101

• Yes its fine, I dont see a problem with it! He is overeacting
  • No its not appropriate for working in a school
  • I guess its appropiate but I wouldn't wear it
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a very classy option and I approve of the shoe... But I was a teachers assistant and I promise you if you wear those your feet will get sore and you'll skin the back of your heel and you will have to run after children. In my case I broke one heel off trying to pull apart two boys fighting. One fell toward my legs and took me down and my heel flew off. It's in your best interest to wear some comfy flats or even sneakers unless you're assisting in a highschool class. (Although even when I was an assistant for a psychology course I managed to sprain my ankle pretty bad). Do what you want, but I would advise you use those heels for an office job where you answer phones and sit in a desk all day

• Thanks for the advise ill defiantly take it on board

What Guys Said 7

• In an office environment that would be ideal , but working in a class room with as much walking that's involved , it really isn't practicle

• I agree with your dad. That's not an appropriate shoe for working in a school.

• Why?

• An expensive hooker.

• Ahaha wow

• Only thing after a day on your feet, how would your feet feel?

• I think you should wear something more comfortable since you'll probably be on your feet a lot but I don't think they're inappropriate.

• I'll just be in a classroom maybe answering questions, handing stuff out etc...

• If you think you'll be comfortable then wear them because I definitely don't think it's inappropriate

• I guess he could have a point if you are teaching little kids, but I see not problem with having them to wear. Its not like you would wear them everyday, but so you have the option to switch it up.

• My work experience is for a week, im not going to be wearing them everyday and im going to wear them when I go to a restaurant or I go on a date something like that

• You could ask again I guess and say how you would use them in general and not just work.

• I dont see anything wrong with it

• Those shoes look like you want to get laid

• Thanks... im 15 but okay

What Girls Said 3

• Your'e going to be on your feet all day and walking all over the place. Those aren't really conducive to that sort of environment. Just wear your normal school clothes.

• It might be too high to be comfortable being on your feet all day.

• I guess? I don't know really. It looks fine though

• Yeah I really dont see a problem with them...

• They heels aren't even that tall. I don't see a problem either

• Exactly! they aren't even high heels