Nervous about getting my haircut in a salon?

I'm about to ring up and make an appointment to get my haircut in a salon and i'm nervous about even making the appointment because it's always just women in the salon and i feel like i'll be judged for getting my haircut in a salon... i hate going to the barbers because they mess up my hair every time and the salon done a really good job the one time i went there which was long ago but i'm so nervous about getting my haircut there incase i look to feminine or like a sissy.. because it seems it's only women who go to a salon

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy being afraid to go where all the women are at? this is a first. :)

Lots of guys go to the salon. They're only there for five minutes. You get a woman raking her long fingernails through your hair, and she gives a damn how you look unlike some barber who might just start cutting without asking you what you want. I've seen barbers sit a client down and not even say, "What are we doing today?" I don't know how guys can take that. Even when I see my usual stylist she always asks what I want to do, even if it's the same thing.

If you feel that self conscious, just don't book on weekends.

What Girls Said 4

• Tons of guys go to a salon. They'll spoil you there. Trust me you won't regret it and you'll walk out looking hot.

• I don't see anything wrong with it

• Don't worry so much. You don't see a lot of men because it take far less time to cut a mans hair then it does a woman. It will be great and you will look handsome :-)

• I see guys in my salon all the time, and I go every two weeks. You can do it.

What Guys Said 8

• I go to a salon, it's the closest place I have from home to get a haircut, and all the employees are women, and actually, most of the times I've gone, there has been more men than women getting a haircut.
    They are professionals, they know how to make a haircut for men, so don't worry ;)

• Mate, they get paid for what they do. They are glad to make an appointment. If you want to make sure they don't mind, you can say "I'd like to make an appointment (for a haircut) because I know you are actually good at what you do"

• Nothing to worry about, just show the barber few photos of your desired hairstyle.

Hairstyle depends on face shape. So get to know your face shape and select the hairstyle that compliments your face shape. Google info on this.

I am sure women will be impressed that you are confident.

Infact get those girls to recommend you a cool hairstyle!.

Its easy, they are paid to be friendly.

• Nah, women know hair.

I always just buzz mine off and then let it grow back.

• They really don't care. It's not a sissy thing to get a decent haircut be people you know will do it right.

• Call and ask for a consultation for free.

• There is no reason to feel nervous about that.

• It's normal man, and don't care about people coz whatever what they will talk