what do you guys think of a rock chic style?... chic - pronounce sheek - ... not chick... lol

This is just for a change on wardrobe :) Some idea's accessories.

Not to get guys to like me. I like what I like, and the guy I like should to.

Most Helpful Girl

• My personal style changes daily! Sometimes I'm dolled up in Hollister and Uggs, but deep down I'm definitely a rock chic kinda gal at heart. Today I wore a marching band blazer, dark eye-makeup, skinny jeans and heels. I notice that a good handfull of guys are almost intimidated by rocker girls...which is sad, because we're freakin' cute! Perhaps it's because they aren't always the most "feminine" of girls. There's more dark colors in our closet than pink and purple, and more skinny jeans lying around the room than mini skirts. The trick is definitely to sass it up. Make sure your hair looks well groomed and clean, and your makeup is nice and simple. Go for the smoky eye and red lips rather than going overboard with eyeshadow and looking like a member of Twisted Sister link . And no matter how hot you think your ripped jeans look with a red pair of converse, it will always look hotter if you wear a pair of heels instead. It's just the small things you can do to make the rocker look a little sexier.

• I see your point but as a guy I have to say not everything you said holds water, at least for me. for one thing jeans of any kind with heels just doesn't work, it looks . . weird. heels IMO should only be worn with clothes that show off the legs such as skirts, dresses, etc. Jeans ALWAYS look best with boots or sneakers whether theyre loose fitting, skinny jeans, or whatever. just my opinion though..

• Yep I agree!converse are cool during the day tho and just going to the pub. id also say get a great lbd (little black dress), good stileto heels, fishnet tights and opaque tights. oh shorts are good too. lots of string tops and layer your tops during the day. waistcoats, a good leather jacket and a good leather handbag are good too. I don't agree with weaponzero skinny jeans look great wit heels-it is personal preference tho

What Guys Said 10

• Eh, not a big deal, but I guess it's a minor turn-off. I write songs and play a few instruments, so people who think of themselves as "rockstars" want nothing to do with me. For me, the feeling is more or less mutual at this point.

I will admit that, from a purely aesthetic point of view, it's more fun to look at than the standard suburban Abercrombie & American Apparel uniforms. But that's just a matter of personal taste...

• I think its kind of hot and many of the girls that I know who dress this style are really cute. its really not the most popular look among guys though.

• Well, that look would certainly repel me. I'm no exception to some rule. You walk around with that look and no guy will want to be seen in your presence.

• mind explaining to me what the hell it is? =P

• I can say this much. Regardless of how stylish you think it looks, if you LOOK like you took a long time to get ready, and doing your hair took a lot of work, then that just looks like its trying too hard IMO. I'd move on.

• Hmmm... ok ... Celebrity's that I think are rock chic are Kirstin Stewart, Katy Perry, Peaches Geldoff

I'm just thinking of a new wardrobe, :)

• Its cool, but I'm not necessarily turned on by it.

• Love it.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

\m/

• Don't honestly care, if you can come up to me and sit with me and not be disturbed how I over look you, and can get my attension without being physical, then your a keeper. looks fade but a great personality is priceless

• i think it looks pretty hot, like the girl from paramore.

and it can also be pretty simple to do, with just some skinny jeans, converse, a cool t-shirt and styled hair. like blonde with dark highlights.

• same as below

• Tryin too hard is what I think.

• Why?.. surely any good style is trying hard.

• Okay well while style is good, trends are sort of tacky hate to say it. I prefer a girl who I can identify with. One who is who she is, looks nice, and is well groomed. Sure a little funky is cool and all but I like to keep it kinda grown folk.

• Aww style is a sure sign of creativity. it's an expression of someone's personal taste - an appreciation of art & aesthetics.

What Girls Said 4

• I think rock chic is very cool but I don't think it'd be top of a guys preference. From what I can see, a guy prefers tight fitting clothes-like tailored skinny jeans, tight tops,girly dresses that show off legs/clevage etc. They are visual creatures. They would prefer a Cheryl Cole lookalike ideally Id say.

But the most important thing is to have your own style. If you wear rock chic clothes, then you'll probably attract an alternative guy who'll appreciate it. Some rock chic girls are feisty and like guys in indie bands/writers/arty people so this is the type of guy you'll attract most of all. Personally I would lean towards rock chic/slightly edgy rather than super preppy because it shows my individuality more. I think Fearne Cotton always looks well-she dresses edgy but she still straightens her hair, wears makeup, stiletto heels, nice designer handbags...I definitely agree with helms girl that you have to "sex up" the rock chic look. But the ultimate rock chick right now is definitely kate moss and everyone wants her style for a reason! It is pretty cool.

• do what you want to do. but I think it's dramatic, sometimes I go for the dramatic glam look but only when I'm at parties and stuff like that.

• It's pretty cool if that's what you like.My personal style is rocker/punk so that suits me.:)

• can be verry cute