Is it weird to be wearing high heels at 14 or 15?

When I was 14 I used to wear high heels to special events and one of my friends told me it was a bit odd. Like i'm still 5'4 at 15 and so I don't look 15 yet, i'm a really late bloomer and my growth spurt hasn't started yet (or at least my doctor tells me). And I have to go to a fashion show that my best friend is in today and I was going to wear high heels. I'll add a picture of them. Do you guys think I am or look to young to be wearing them?

Yaaaa so I kind of got really bad blisters... haha oops

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have to go along with most of the comments already posted. Heels are fine, and yours are adorable and quite appropriate for your age (or any age... They are really cute and you have great taste!) Do stay away from anything over the top and towering. They can end up looking to trampy.

• Thank you! And haha I know I don't really plan on wearing like stilettos right now haha (or at any age).

What Guys Said 7

• There is nothing weird about wearing basic high heels at 14. Just avoid ones that are really high just so you can keep your feet healthy.

• Is it weird? No

But if I ever have a daughter, she's not wearing high heels until she's at least 30...

• On a regular basis, yes that's different. But at a formal event ( a wedding, graduation, speech, etc) then that is great.

• Once you can walk in them you are fine

• What's wrong with presenting yourself well? At least you're going to get used to them; I hear it can be painful sometimes to wear.

• Thanks for the comment, I wore them and ya it was fine haha, but after the event I had to stop at walmart and I got lots of stares.

• Keep in mind you are going to make a lot of guys hard
    ( I like heels, so if you put on 5in pumps that would look very sexy😉)

• yes. honestly i hate it when i see a girl that age wearing high heels.

• Only for an event :P I usually grab random flip flops or sandals when I go out somewhere unless its winter.

• honestly i am saying this bcz all the sluts at my school wear high heels. I dont mean that wearing high heels make u more of a slut but just seeing that , reminds me of them.

What Girls Said 7

• It's definitely not weird, but one thing you wanna avoid is dressing like you're 20. The heels above are cute because they're age-appropriate. 👍 But remember there's no need for trashy-looking stilettos and tight, too-short dresses. Enjoy being young and innocent lol!

• Haha I am! I wore a skirt only like an inch or two above my knees with a cashmere top :) I actually worry about dressing like anything other than my age lol

• I used to wear them at that age... but not as big as the ones I wear now... and before, I remember the heels that were in style were thicker and not as thin as the ones that are in style now... I think it's weird now for someone of that age to wear extremely thin high heels...

The heels you posted are not even high in my opinion. I see little girls with shoes that wear similar style but smaller heel... So I don't think it's weird, but just remember that wearing heels can damage your posture and make varicose veins visible as you age if you wear them a lot. (AND also they can deform your feet)

• I don't see anything wrong with the ones you're going to wear. If they were platform or stipper heels, I'd say otherwise. But those are fine. There's nothing wrong with being 5'4 at 15 by the way. I hit my peak height at 13 (5'4) and didn't grow since then.

• Yes, yes it is.

You can deform your feet like that - at any age really, but why do it so early?

• Well its for one special event, its not for every day. This was a fashion show which was very formal. I only wear them to like weddings, special occasions, not even birthdays.

• Haha ya I wouldn't, but you're right I might only be 3 years older than a 12 year old, but 12 does seem kind of young. I was allowed to wear high heels only 1 year ago lol.

• Well that seems reasonable. =)

• I don't think you're too young to wear them, but just be careful of sprained feet.. xD I am 16 and never once in my life I've ever worn a high heel.

• No that's not weird at all

• i think is ok many girls use it before that age.