Girls, Makeup beginner?

Girls, I'm a part time cross dresser. I know nothing about makeup I need help on what to buy, and how to apply it including what order to apply it thanks for reading I'm a medium skin tone with hazel eyes and brown hair if that matters

Mckayla :)

7

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know if you would feel comfortable or not but you could go to a makeup store, I love Merle Norman, they let you try the make up you want and they have makeup that covers but it's still very light at the same time. Also the mall has lots of makeup counters where they do your make up for you and let you try out all kinds. Honestly I would say don't go too heavy with any makeup, it makes it look way too fake, unless that's what your going for lol

And like other girls suggested, youtube is awesome, most of the videos tell you what brand and type of makeup they used and everything.

Personally I buy my foundations/powder in one/cleaners/moisturizers from Merle Norman and then I buy Covergirl mascara, eye liner, lip gloss etc., it's cheap and it last awhile.

• I haven't read the comments but if anyone has mentioned using more than eyeliner and a bit of lip-gloss then discard it (unless you're going for a less natural look)

I rarely wear makeup, but when I do I just use eyeliner (pencil) and smudge it over my eyelids to double as eye-shadow (You can get it in other colours I'm sure) and then just use a bit of lip-gloss, if your lips are naturally a darker hue then you should be right with clear lip-gloss.

Good luck!

• This is all you need to know. I actually use a lot of his tips.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ZGoBCDwKw

• Oh the things he say. :))) I have something new to watch now.

• I always recommend youtube. So many tutorials to get the look you want. Now go be fabulous darling :)

• go to mac or sephora and ask someone there they will help you a ton... i am just starting out with makeup... life of a 15 year old girl lol... and i am learning everything and they really helped me... you can also check out youtube... they are a life saver some times lol

• Look up tutorials on youtube, they are very useful, they tell you what to use and how to apply it.