GaGers, girls, I wanna dye my hair red, can I do it at home?

My hair color is a really dark brown, almost black:
I wanna dye my hair this color (reddish brown):

Will I be able to do this myself, at home? If yes, what are some good products to use for dark hair? If I wanna dye my eyebrows too, what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• i dyed my hair burgundy recently, so it isn't the same as this but honestly, i think it's best to go to a salon if u dont know how the colour will turn out. i tried it at home and it barely showed on my hair and i wa quite frustrated because dye isn't cheap here. the good ones anyway.

when u go there, be sure to show pictures and dont leave till u get exactly what u want. I'm not sure about eyebrows, maybe a salon can do those too.

just make sure u dont bleach it.

anyway if u really wanna do it at home u need to be 150% sure about the colour ur getting. it's really up to u.

What Guys Said 2

• Go for it but you better know what to buy and know what your doing or you can mess up your hair then you will have to cut it all off I know been there and done that when I wanted to bleach my hair white like Rick Flair the salon had no clue what they were doing my hair looked like a mop after becauee they did it three times in an hout

• Dark brown also good colour. Dont do dye. I am a chemical Engineer. I know what all are the chemicals they are using. If you use dye now, at 30 year itself your all hairs will be a white. You will be look like 40 or 45 at 30 years itself.

What Girls Said 6

• you can, but I wouldn't do it its too risky. If you mess up you're stuck with screwed up hair and I would never leave the house with bad hair :P
    I personally dont know any products, I mean you could just look some up if you still wanna do it at home but I would suggest doing it at a salon even if it is expensive cuz then you have good looking hair that is perfect and amazing :D you can ask ur salon about dying ur eyebrows but theyd prob look fine dark brown with the redish hair. The only reason you would have to die them was if you went blonde

• I have medium to dark brown naturally, and well.

http://i.imgur.com/GJYKcGs.jpg

This is a home dye job.

• I dyed my hair red hahah but that's because I had a blonde ombre already so the blonde parts I dyed red with a random box dye from the store

• You can do it but since it is very different hair color than you have now; the results can be disappointing.
    You need proffesional help in my opinion.
    But I also agree with the other comment. Dye hair can damage your hair. Think about it.

• You could do it at home, its just like conditioning your hair. Either you could use an old toothbrush or you could but hair coloring brushes from the nearest stores. But it would be better if you asked any of your family members to help out. I never had the need to go to the saloon for hair colors. Best of luck though.

• sure u can do whatevr u want