Girls, is this the case?

Why does it seem like girls dont even keep their toes looking good in the summer anymore? If your wearing flip flops please keep your toes painted and pedicured lol... too many eagles claws walking around... but im sure the girls of gag dont have that problem?

6

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• Well I like keeping myself clean and healthy. That doesn't always mean my nails are painted because that's an aesthetics thing.

The fact that some guy is basically demanding that all girls do this makes me want to go on strike. Right after all men keep their nails/toenails clean and trimmed. Stay clean shaven, no noes hair issues, trim their eyebrows and manscape, wax arm and back hair, we can talk about the requirements of women needing to keep our toenails painted to appease you.

If you don't like looking at unpainted toenails, don't look. Did you know nailpolish is actually bad for your nails because it blocks oxygen from getting to them. It has increased women having unhealthy toenails as they get older.

So if I have to choose to to keep my nails painted for you or my health, guess which way I'm going to go? I will paint my nails when I want to and no one else.

• Well, I personally hate the look of unpainted toes but my feminist side is burning bras inside of me and I can't help it. Girls aren't taking care of it because of the same reasons men wouldn't be taking care of it if it was the same standard.
    You paint toes, but during summer people are using their bare feet a lot. Beaches, swimming, bushwalking, camping, sports. All that.

• its like saying "Why does it seem like guys dont even keep their hands looking good in the winter anymore?"
    don't they understand dry and cracking hands are unattractive? can't they moisturize?

No hate and you're free to your opinions, but sometimes it's a hassle painting toes, and plus chipped polish doesn't look good either.

• I agree and I don't feel comfortable showing my feet, let alone if they aren't well kept.

• I refuse to wear flip flop if my toes aren't painted... I can't wait to use my free pedicure still waiting for it to be really nice... My toes are currently baby pink with silver glitter over it..