Are guys intimidated by beautiful women?

What are the reasons that a guy might not go after a really beautiful and smart girl with a great personality? Seems like at this age, guys only want a girl that doesn't require much effort and is easy. Is this the case?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1 sec I got the perfect thing

----------------- "Girls" ---------

----------- are like apples------

------on trees. The best ones-----

-----are at the top of the tree.-----

---The boys don't want to reach---

--for the good ones because they--

-are afraid of falling and getting hurt.-

-Instead, they get the rotten apples-

from the ground, that aren't as good,

but easy. So the apples up top think

something's wrong with them when in

-reality they're amazing. They just--

---have to wait for the right boy to

---- come along, the one who's-

----------- brave enough to-----

---------------climb all---------

---------------the way--------

--------------to the top--------

lol off my youtube

What Guys Said 9

• No I am not intimidated by any woman at all. There are many beautiful girls out there that are as dumb as a rock or have a terrible personalities. They may be a lot easier to sleep with, but they are just as beautiful too.

Why would a man spend his time breaking down the wall of a smart girl when he could get to the bedroom twice as fast with the other girl? The "easy" girl allows us to spend our time much more efficiently. We're getting to our goal much faster and are wasting less time.

This is not only for the question asker, but for most of the girls that answered. Why do most of you think that sex with a smart girl or "good girl" is "special" or worth more. It's not like they are offering the man anything different. Last time I checked, the "trashy" or "easy" girls have a vagina too. Their anatomy is no different. We all have sex the same way. Intercourse's mechanics would literally not feel any different just because of a differing personality. Saying that sex with a you is better because you are not "easy" or "trashy" is prejudice. The fact that they have intercourse more frequently does not decrease their value as a partner, or a woman for that matter. Don't discriminate against women who choose to have sex when they please. A girl is a girl, They are equal to you. You should not expect any special treatment or consider yourself superior to them because you engage in intercourse less frequently, or with fewer partners. And don't say that they are disrespecting themselves, because that is not true at all.

• I suppose many guys are afraid of rejection and have ego issues that might make them less likely to ask out someone who's smart and attractive.

Think of it this way: if you're the kind of person who wants your boyfriend or girlfriend to fall all over himself/herself, you'd have to avoid anyone who looks like he/she really has his/her sh*t together. Girls and guys both do this; I know lots of girls who only date 20something boys who live with their parents and do nothing but smoke pot and watch TV.

Of course, there are always lots of reasons (and excuses) for anyone not going after someone - this is just one of many possible reasons a particular guy wouldn't be interested.

• I find girls in general intimidating lol, but yes I struggle to talk to girls I think are very attractive. I know they are only human as well, but I always think they could find someone better than myself and that other such guys would be interested in her, and I'd feel it'd be a waste of my time to go after a girl that could have her pick of guys... Maybe that's a reason? :)

• Guys have a strong tendency to believe anyone that beautiful and smart would never be interested in them and most likely she already has a boyfriend. Risking the chance of someone like her rejecting them is too terrible to consider.

• Really beautiful or intelligent girls look like they are to good for them. They feel worthless compared to them and thus never even try. Try openly talking to them so they don't feel like you are an angel from the sky.

• because beautiful, perfect 10, women who look like victoria's secret models, almost are guaranteed to have a boyfriend and be in a serious, committed long-term relationship, those type of women are never single.

• SO not true. I know plenty of beautiful SINGLE girls that always complain that the "nice" guys never hit on them... and now I guess it's because of that kind of thinking! lol

• Well all those type of beautiful women, they are always taken.

• Interesting juxtaposition there, because in my opinion it's the girls with good personalities that require the least effort. You know, as opposed to the malfunctioning, prissy, high-maintenance personalities who believe in measuring their worth by how many hoops they can make a guy jump through.

• no

• I think I've dated a few beautiful women in the past. Not trying to be cocky, just being honest. And I think the reason I don't so much these days is because of arrogance. Girls are becoming much more stuck up when it comes to looks and rarely give men a chance. And I'm not the only one feeling the shaft. The only time I've recently been able to meet and converse with "beautiful" women is when it involves work or group meetings.

What Girls Said 3

• What a fabulous question! It's a wonderful thing to be beautiful and smart with a fantastic personality but it seems to repell men!

I don't understand this myself. I am 22 and struggling with this same issue. It seems as though me getting my master's degree is a real turn off to men. I don't get it either.

• Just for the record, I've dated several girls with graduate degrees. I'm seeing one right now! So don't worry, not all of us are turned off by girls with too much education :P

• i feel like some guys don't wana take the effort in getting with a smart, beautiful girl. instead they go for ditzy trashy girls since they're easier.

• Yes, that's why you see so many hot guys with ugly girlfriends.